Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 210 Posts

·
.Black.on.Black.
11,218 Posts
kommon_sense said:
lol... Nothing quick about this. I started buying parts in Dec. 2005... I thought I was going to have it done this time last year, but just kept having things pop up. I got the motor pulled on a monday, cleaned up the bay, and got the new motor in the following saturday.

I've been knocking out more things in the evenings since and taking pics. I need to get them all uploaded.

unfaithful... no never ... :ninja
what you doing with your PerformerX intake Manifold form the D16Y8? :ninja

·
Registered
291 Posts
damn dude if i would have known you were in durham i would have loved to come watch/help if needed..im always down for a little lesson in wrenching. :D i live in rocky mount..(shit hole) :hehe

·
Registered
811 Posts
lsvtecteg18 said:
damn dude if i would have known you were in durham i would have loved to come watch/help if needed..im always down for a little lesson in wrenching. :D i live in rocky mount..(shit hole) :hehe
Yeah, same with me. I live in Durham :).

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I was out of town for a week so progress has been a bit slow. Still playing biological clock catchup on the time difference between east/west coast.

Suja1 clutchline. Unfortunately the fittings are not clocked quite right, so I had to get creative with positiong it so that it wouldnt bind.

My old end-links were kind of beatup. THe one on the left is the old ES bushing endlink from my stock bar. I chose the 24mm ITR bar because I liked its endlinks. Less room for slop since you only have 2 bushings.

New sway bar end link, new bushings, and Energy Suspensions sway bar bushings.

You can see that my sway bar in place has some clearance issues with one of the heatshields.

I fixed that with a pair of tin snips. Be sure to fold the edge so you don't slice your hand open. I cut out the curved section on the top right.

New radiator and fan combo. I already had the FAL so trying to make it work. Clearances by the throttle body are tight.

New OEM fuel filter with an Earls adapter in it. Converts from 12x1.25 to -6an for the fuel system.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I ended up with a set of '05-06 shifter cables so I have to cut the counterweights off. Say hello to Mr. Dremel.

I tapped the holes on the radiator support to attach the radiator brakets. They seem to hold well, but I would really like to weld them up.I might just grind down a spot and jb weld.

Fluidyne on the left. Old stocker radiator on the right. Looks kinda sickly from that angle, but it got the job done :)

Radiator and fan mounted. Notice things start getting a little cramped on that corner. I still have to route the air intake and coolant hose to the fitting up near the top middle of the picture.

My first -6an black fuel line. Made it myself. Kinda pleased with how it turned out.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Picture of my stock power steering pump... That sure is a big pulley.

So I use the Jackson Racing Pulley from their Supercharger kit. It is 1" smaller in diameter than the oem pulley.

Voila

I found all of this under my front 2 seats when I took them out... Finding my red swiss army knife makes it all worth it :)

Getting ready for the karcepts kit.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
very nice! :clappy

makes me still want to swap a K. i wish i had more time :(

from the looks of it, it seems to be a smooth operation for you.

any reason you decided to put your own lsd in, rather than go with the K tranny that has an lsd?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
[EK]riMzen[DC5] said:
any reason you decided to put your own lsd in, rather than go with the K tranny that has an lsd?
I'm planning to do track weekends and the aftermarket lsd's like kaaz, cusco, and quaife perform better than the oem lsd. Also, since this car will still see street time, I wanted the gearing in the 02-04 rsx-s tranny. The gears in the type-r tranny are too short. The 02-04 rsx-s has the longest final drive of any of the k-series trannies at 4.389FD. Even with that long FD, I'm still going to be turning about 4k rpms at highway speeds.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
kommon_sense said:
I'm planning to do track weekends and the aftermarket lsd's like kaaz, cusco, and quaife perform better than the oem lsd. Also, since this car will still see street time, I wanted the gearing in the 02-04 rsx-s tranny. The gears in the type-r tranny are too short. The 02-04 rsx-s has the longest final drive of any of the k-series trannies at 4.389FD. Even with that long FD, I'm still going to be turning about 4k rpms at highway speeds.
understandable. i know what you mean with the short gears. in my 06 type-S, shifting at 3500, im in 4th gear at like 30mph :lol

21 - 40 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.