Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this must be the most depressing post I've made. My 98 LX has just turned 90,000 miles. My uncle suggested selling it now so I could get top-dollar for it (before I turn 100,000 miles). The thought of selling my baby turned my stomach at first, but from a financial standpoint I think he may be right. Get as much as I can now and get something brand new. So...what's the procedure you recommend? Take some pics and put it in Auto Trader? Put it on Ebay? Whatta U think? Here's what I have.

Engine
Nitrous Express Stage One EFI
Nitrous Express Bottle Heater & Gauge
Nitrous Express Purge Kit, Vented from Hood Scoop
AEM Cold Air Intake w/Bypass Valve
MSD Ignition/Cap/8.5mm Wires, NGK Plugs
Tanabe Racing Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator & Gauge
Motorsports Transmission Cooler

Exterior/Styling
Kaminari Fiberglass/C-F hood
Stillen Touring Wing
PIAA Superwhite 80w Headlight Bulbs
Clear Corners w/Raybrig Superwhites
Clear Tails w/custom vinyl
PolarG Led Bulbs
Type-R Grille & Shaved Front Plate
Super Street Nuclear White Emblems
Relocated Squirters to Wiper Arms (from hood)
PIAA Super Silicone Wipers

Suspension
PowerStop Cross-drilled/slotted Rotors
Axxis Carbon Mettallic Brake Pads
NEUSPEED Upper Front Strut Tower Brace
17" Konig Tantrums on Yokohama Parada's
Ground Control Coilivers
KYB AGX Dampers

Electronics/Interior
Bulldog Remote Starter
Blaupunkt Key West Head Unit
Soundstream SPL 69
Boston Acoustics 12" Bandpass Sub
Rockford 360aII Amp
Rockford Fanatic 6 1/2" Components
Tsunami 1 farad Cap
AC Reverse Indiglo Gauges
Indiglo Gauges Japan Spec (km/h)
Type R Shift Boot
Hands-Free Cellular Interface
Hella Dual Compressor Air Horn

· Registered
105 Posts
Auto-Trader has always been a good way to sell... usually get good bites pretty quick. I guarantee you'd get interest in that car the day your ad goes live.

I have to ask tho... I have a 98 LX as well. Did you have to beef up your bottom end to run NO on a D16Y? How much shot do you use?

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NordiX said:
Auto-Trader has always been a good way to sell... usually get good bites pretty quick. I guarantee you'd get interest in that car the day your ad goes live.

I have to ask tho... I have a 98 LX as well. Did you have to beef up your bottom end to run NO on a D16Y? How much shot do you use?
Not at all. I've been running a 35 shot with no problems and just upped it to a 50 shot. As long as it's tuned right (get it on a dyno) you can run n20 safely with absolutely no problems.

· Registered
105 Posts
Kelley Blue book will give you a good baseline to shoot from (www.kbb.com)

Once you have a general 'value' of your car, in your part of the country (for example. my LX with 60k miles is worth roughly $8995 in the West) you can then factor in what you think your mods are 'worth' (i.e. what someone would be willing to pay for those mods already on the car.) This can be the tricky part, cuz even though you may have shelled out 5 grand in mods over the years... it doesn't necessarily mean you can tack 5k onto the blue book 'value' of your car. You just have to figure how much you can up your price before no one will bite.

I guess the question you have to ask yourself is: "do I want to sell quickly?" or "do I want to have a price that only a serious import/mod lover will be willing to pay for this tricked out car?"

I dont know if this link will work, but if it does it will take you right to the start point of how to get your selling value of your car:

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ud?kbb.UT;646505;UT049&84058;p&720&5;12&

Hope this helps...

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep the link worked. That's good advice. Thanks for the info.

I still don't know whether to hang on to it or get rid of it now. I did all the work myself and it's like a son to me. DAMN

I'd like to get into an A4 or BMW 330Ci or something but I just don't know yet. Gotta give it some serious thought.

· Registered
105 Posts
You're very welcome, and I COMPLETELY understand where you're coming from...

Those new Audi's ARE pretty tight tho... :D

BTW, I plan to print out the list of stuff you've done to your LX and stick it on my shop wall as inspiration. I never thought a D16Y7 could be so sweet. Props to all your work, bro.

And good luck with whatever you choose to do.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NordiX said:
You're very welcome, and I COMPLETELY understand where you're coming from...

Those new Audi's ARE pretty tight tho... :D

BTW, I plan to print out the list of stuff you've done to your LX and stick it on my shop wall as inspiration. I never thought a D16Y7 could be so sweet. Props to all your work, bro.

And good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Well thank YOU very much you just made my day bro! If you want to take a look at it go to http://hobbystage.net/hondas2000/98civic/

I think that link should work. If you have any Q's about anything with your LX hit me up.

· Registered
105 Posts
SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!!!!! That is, hands down, the most beautiful LX on the planet... You have done what I only dreamed my green LX could someday be.

If I could, I would buy that car in a second... Excuse me a moment... I have to go change my pants...

K... I'm back. And not to make your choice any harder.. but you're NUTS to part with that machine!! OMG, drive that thing until the bottom drops out, and then just swap in a new B16, and drive it another 200k miles...

Whew! I need to lie down...

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arrite now you're making me blush!!! Hah...thanks man. I really like what it's become. I'm starting to lean towards keeping it again. I don't think after all that work I could just sell it. It's priceless in my mind cuz I've bled so much putting all that shit on! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.