Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know if i can redo my headlight harnness instead of buying a after market one i just need to know if i would be able to get the plugs somewhere and redo it or buy the whole harnness or what are my options because i got somewhat of alot of light on the outside that is on the harnness for instance like halos, induglo gauges, and going to put side mirriors with turnsignal indicators on the civic they are the bmw style mirriors need some help thank you

·
Registered
496 Posts
You should be able to tap into the turn signal wire for the mirrors, I know i've seen people do that for side markers on the fenders, and it would basically be the same thing. A wiring diagram would be helpful, pick up a manual at AutoZone or something. Didn't any of these products come with installation instructions? Good luck with the wiring.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
you shouldn't need to rewire the harness just to have all of those common things running? why do want to do this? it is hard for me to understand your first post with no periods or anything in there....kind of a large run-on sentence.. but whatever, so why are you wanting to do this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IISaiNtII said:
you shouldn't need to rewire the harness just to have all of those common things running? why do want to do this? it is hard for me to understand your first post with no periods or anything in there....kind of a large run-on sentence.. but whatever, so why are you wanting to do this?

i am sorry for the run on sentence but sometimes i just dont like to put periods. for the reason i want to do this is because on the one side the black wire striped into two pieces from the first set of halo projector headlights i had. and reason number two is i just want to make all of the wires clean so there is nothing that look like it is a mess for when or if i put my car in shows. plus i am going to have time on my hands for about two weeks while i get my block rehoned because i am redoing the engine.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
ahh, well sounds like you have a good idea of what you want... rewiring them will be a PITA, but you should be able to do it in a couple weeks. make sure to get a manual (helms, or otherwise) to aid the process if you dont already have one

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HondaGuyEli said:
Good luck with the project. What engine do you have, and what kind of work are you having done on it?

i have a y8 engine and i am going to rebuild the whole thing for right now i am going to go n/a with hondata and then maybe nitro and turbo. thankx for the complainment i hope i do have good luck with the project on the harness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.