Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides intake, headers, exhaust, what elst can I do? How much more power would those three things give me anyways. I know it's the first step to getting more power.

I don't have 3g's to spend on a supercharger either, but what other stuff can I keep adding to give it more power? I'm tired of these kids trying to race me at every stop light.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
75 shot dry set up nitrous like a Zex kit which runs off the TPS instead of needing a button activation and an MSD 6AL with antivibration blaster 2 external coil, magnecore wires.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are a lot of parts you could put on a 98 LS or any other car for that matter... Throttle body, Intake Manifold, Ignition System (spark plug, wire, coils), Fuel Components (pump, rail, regulater, injector), Electronics (Apexi AFC, Venom control module), Internals, Cams/camshaft. It all depends on how much youre willing to spend. With most parts, performance gains might not seem much but they all add up.
I/H/E usually adds around 10-20 hp depending on how bad your engine was before the parts.
Dont underestimate the sedans. Sedans have the same engine and almost the same specs as the 2 doors. Pretty much the only difference is the extra couple hundred pounds and 2 more doors :D

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Wow, I didn't really expect the NOS from you T.

Some more helpful suggestions would be an upgraded suspension, and brakes. It's fun to go fast but, if you can't turn and stop it just ain't worth Sh*t!

I/H&E are good bets for the Ls my opinion of my results are mixed, but if you want more power then;

just to be Devils advocate I believe I'd do FI! Nitrous is good and the LS motor is strong but I'd spend a lot more and go with a turbo. Ok that was pipedreams kinda, Not that thats what I did to my LS but, if I had the money and time and wasn't so impatient. I'd have gone FI.

A.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just put a Type R sticker on it! I hear it adds an extra 25HP

J/K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts