Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, does anyone know where i can get airbags for my car? i got a 2001 honda accord sedan lx manual. which one is better anyways? airbags or hydraulyics? do they even make it for my car?

·
Registered
172 Posts
djkai said:
hey, does anyone know where i can get airbags for my car? i got a 2001 honda accord sedan lx manual. which one is better anyways? airbags or hydraulyics? do they even make it for my car?
yes they do make it for our car.....i think hydraulyics are good but they tend to leak....as for airbag they are better my homie has airbag its good

·
Registered
385 Posts
go for AIR.... rides better then Hydrolics.... i'm planning to go for Air suspension soon...but first i need to switch out my wheels cuz my wheels are +40 offset, and it'll rub the fender if i go too low

·
Registered
88 Posts
i went with cylinders cuz hydros is too much cutting and welding...but cylinders you can pop them on and off like springs and shocks...if your interested i might be selling my setup soon...i might sell my car so i might part out my car...i paid 2200 just for the setup...if you want it im asking for 1700 obo...its been on my car for 6 months and there is no problems with it...its not the cheap setups you see selling on the internet...i chose every part of my setup and chose only the best parts...but yea ill only sell it if i get a good offer...but yea to answer your question yea you can bad your accord but its cylinders and not bags...and i suggest you get cylinders instead of hydros

·
Registered
52 Posts
HOW IS THE RIDE QUALITY WITH THE CYLINDERS? AND AROUND HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST ME TO INSTALL THEM? AND DO THEY MESS UP YOUR CAR IN ANYWAY OR ARE THEY COMPLETELY SAFE?

·
Registered
88 Posts
the ride in my opinion is way better than springs or coilovers....theres nothing that can go wrong besides if you drive with your car slammed on the ground or raised all the way up you have to drive with some air in it...it can cost up to 1000 at stores for you to get it installed...its better to try to do it yourself its not that hard...and they cant mess up your car in anyway....everything is bolt on so you can take it on and off as you wish

·
Registered
899 Posts
The Hack Shack sells a godd air ride kit. The guy that I know (he did my truck) he uses a lot of their stuff now. He just got done doing a prelude with air cylinders and said it was badass.

·
Registered
88 Posts
u go to ucr? ive never seen your car around... i have never heard any complaints about air suspension besides that it leaks cuz they abuse it...maybe the people you hear complaining about it got a cheap ass setup...have u seen a silver prelude with broke ass chrome rims around ucr? he has a wack ass setup...his setup sounds like shit and it leaks....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah air is the best, im in the process of installing my kit little by little, from last week to this weekend...hopefully this weekend I should be done. I got my kit from EAI www.excentrixauto.com but i ran into a few problems. The rear brackets didnt fir cause they gave me U-shaped one, when everyone on here knows that the rear struts on the 6th gen Accord are round at the bottom with the bushing inside.

I was just about to post a thread about air ride too but I did a search cause I didnt want people complaining about re-posts. I am a member of ((Honda-Acura dot net))(<--Won't let me type out the real URL ) under a different name (SloWPaiN) and we have had about 3 threads going about air rides, each are about 3-4 pages long. H-A.net is currently moving their server so it;s not available. If you guys have any questions Ill be more than happy to help out with what I can.

Feel free to check out my album on all my air cylinder parts...
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291911043

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
kaliasn310 said:
u go to ucr? ive never seen your car around... i have never heard any complaints about air suspension besides that it leaks cuz they abuse it...maybe the people you hear complaining about it got a cheap ass setup...have u seen a silver prelude with broke ass chrome rims around ucr? he has a wack ass setup...his setup sounds like shit and it leaks....
i have a red accord with Street fygther 2 body kit, i think im like the only red accord there that has a kit. i dont remmeber any prelude with chrome rims. how much was your setup, cuz i know some ppl who bottomed out while trying and fucked up their how car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Though I'm not into that whole air suspension thing. I did see a new product out. You use your regular suspension (springs + struts) and you add this air bag on top of it. The purpose of this is to keep the great quality ride from conventional suspension upgrades like adjustable coilover kit with upgraded strutes but with the ability to raise your car with the touch of a button to go over those annoying speed bumps and then lower it back down to the perfect height.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
h22accordvtec said:
Though I'm not into that whole air suspension thing. I did see a new product out. You use your regular suspension (springs + struts) and you add this air bag on top of it. The purpose of this is to keep the great quality ride from conventional suspension upgrades like adjustable coilover kit with upgraded strutes but with the ability to raise your car with the touch of a button to go over those annoying speed bumps and then lower it back down to the perfect height.
cool where u see thats, what brand?

·
Registered
88 Posts
UCRaccordV6 said:

i have a red accord with Street fygther 2 body kit, i think im like the only red accord there that has a kit. i dont remmeber any prelude with chrome rims. how much was your setup, cuz i know some ppl who bottomed out while trying and fucked up their how car.
oh i havent seen yours around...but last year i've seen a red accord with sf2 kit but that guys car is now candy apple red and has the skyline front with a wide body...i paid 2400 like almost a year ago...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
kaliasn310 said:

oh i havent seen yours around...but last year i've seen a red accord with sf2 kit but that guys car is now candy apple red and has the skyline front with a wide body...i paid 2400 like almost a year ago...
ooo, yah i saw that car like twice and when i went to SEMA, damn, i dont got 2400 for my suspension, what else u done to your car?

·
Registered
88 Posts
UCRaccordV6 said:

ooo, yah i saw that car like twice and when i went to SEMA, damn, i dont got 2400 for my suspension, what else u done to your car?
right now im rollin on 19" racing hart z5000's...wit my old ass wings west kit...used to have a full bw kit with bw spoiler...but got rid of that and got a new kit sitting in my garage waiting to get painted...and interior coming soon...wut u got on your ride?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
kaliasn310 said:

right now im rollin on 19" racing hart z5000's...wit my old ass wings west kit...used to have a full bw kit with bw spoiler...but got rid of that and got a new kit sitting in my garage waiting to get painted...and interior coming soon...wut u got on your ride?
haha omg, i knew i remembered u from somewhere, you got the wingwest kit, i seen it at grand marc a couple times, i just got drop, bodykit, and exhaust and other minor stuff, pretty much done except i gotta get some rims lates

·
Registered
77 Posts
kaliasn310 said:

Hmmm..and youve got air ride huh, what brand of cylinders did you go with? Got any pics too? :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
HoTTACCoRD said:

Hmmm..and youve got air ride huh, what brand of cylinders did you go with? Got any pics too? :D
yea i got some aro cylinders...ill post pics once i finish my ride...i got some pics with my 17's and my old bw kit but ill post some with my new look soon

·
Registered
906 Posts
i thought about for my car. but ended up not doing it. i like bags a lot though, but dont know about handling

1 - 20 of 38 Posts