Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 1998 with almost 2k miles... Car just shuts off while driving.
Different dash lights flicker on and off right before this happens too. I have a new battery, starter & distributer & not other problems. The diagnostic machine is not spitting out any codes & I have full power on the car even when it cuts out..

Help please!!!! Where to start??? Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that could be the prob as well. The key light on the dash is one of the lights that would flicker.. I had a good 8-9 keys & a couple parking passes.. I removed all that crap from the keychain today and didn't have a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone know where to get a nice priced ignition & key?
And by replacing the key.. would a diff key effect my electricals in any way?

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
nope it won't do anything different.

I'd call a honda dealership over a parts store on something like this.

but honda really makes you pay for their parts.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Junkyard..Its a Honda..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And I would just replace the ignition switch without the key right? Saw some for $60..
Don't want to buy the entire ingition setup if not needed...
nope it won't do anything different.

I'd call a honda dealership over a parts store on something like this.

but honda really makes you pay for their parts.
It's going to be really pricy at the dealer.. Any aftermarket websites?

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
It's the ignition switch for sure, especially if the dash lights are blinking before it dies. take it to a honda dealership. the ignition switches on 6th gens were recalled. they should fix it for free. I had mine replaced for free about 4 years ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I already looked up the history on my car.. I've already had this ignition recall thing taken care of. But there's another recall for this model, the interlock not working.. I'm not having that prob though. Thanks for the feedback guys & putting up with this brand spankin newbie! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is a 98 honda accord, take it to the honda dealer, U need to replace the ignition switch. dont waste your money chaging parts.hope this helps.
See U.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts