Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!!! :number1 :D :number1
It has a little play in it once its in gear but once you get used to it The shifts are direct and quick. instalation was easy with only minor frustration with the rubber bushings. Any screw on shift knob will fit. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Im looking into getting a B&M SS for my civic but I dont know which one to get. There are 2 models: #45075 - basic straight shaft shifter, #45074 - $100 more for "CNC Machined aluminum pivot housing". Is the aluminum housing worth $100 more? If so, what does it do compared to the stock shifter?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
kommon_sense said:
I'd go for the regular b&m with some ES poly shifter bushings. However I am a fan of a dual bend unit like the stock gsr or skunk2.
Yeah I just odered the ES bushings for my stock shifter to see how that works. If I want more, then I was going to get a SS. I've decided that, I too, don't want a straight shifter like the B&M. I'm tall and the stock shifter is as far away from me as I would like it to be so I was looking into the Skunk2 SS (even though it's 3x as much as the B&M SS). The dual bend brings it back right? It looks like the Skunk2 dual bend SS is actually higher than the stock shifter, can anyone confirm that?

EDIT: I think I am going to get a GSR shifter if anything since it is cheap and effective.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the straight one, and used to have the dual bend, i prefer the straight one better, it just fits my style better. its really up to you, niether is really "better."

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
When I had my Si I had the straight one and love it. Get the bushing it feels way better. Also It felt better when I put in Mobil Syncromesh tranny fluid. ;)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Mine just arrived today. Can't wait to try it out, but I gotta have the LSD and clutch put in. I snapped my old eBay special shifter when the throw out bearing went out....
Whats the deal with all these rubber O-rings?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr GSR said:
Mine just arrived today. Can't wait to try it out, but I gotta have the LSD and clutch put in. I snapped my old eBay special shifter when the throw out bearing went out....
Whats the deal with all these rubber O-rings?
they reduce the play, when your installing it before you put the linkage on the bottom of the shifter tjose rings go around the long copper bushing and reduce the side-to-side play

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have the factory bend...i had the choice of straight or factory so chose factory...but overall its a nice mod...shifting feels so much more better...first time i tested it out..god damn..the gears were so close...though after i installed it...my 3rd gear started popping out of gear...not everytime i drive but once in a while...is it the short shifter or just my tranny is fucked up?? i know alot of the 98-00 civics have the synchro problem too..and some even has the same problem as me i do...can i get some input??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts