Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
842 Posts
I've never had experience putting on lips but I think the popular response will be that it doesn't fit...I think it's wider than the 96-98s if I remember right. I'd just get a similar lip from somewhere else that will fit your bumper...or just switch to the 99-00 style front end if you like the SI look.

· Registered
842 Posts
That's a good call on your part. There's tons of options out there for a different style for your baby's face. It doesn't hurt keeping an eye open for stuff like that though! Good work!

· Registered
683 Posts
there are ways to making it fit, my freind just fitted a 99-00 rear lip on a 96-98 rear bumper, notice how the rear's bumpers are different.. in those years..he just made extra brackets under the car to hold the lip up.. common sense

· Registered
4,659 Posts
i think that if you talk to any SHO old skool members you'll find that i'm the premiere expert on the 99-00 Si lip and 96-98 bumpers...

anyways, it WILL indeed fit. not correctly but it will fit. the incorrect fitment causes the lip to be short about an inch on both sides where it fails to meet the wheel wells. it's pretty subtle, but it's still there. it looks like shit IMHO. so don't do it.
the 96-98 bumper is a tad bigger so the 99-00 lip won't reach all the way around.

if you want a 99-00 Si style lip MADE/MANUFACTURED specifically for the 96-98 front bumper, go here: www.jdmshit.com and look at the lips. you'll find a 99-00 CTR replica made to fit the 96-98 for only like $70 ;)

ghost

· Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help everyone, and ghostrider, thats a nice link, i'm leaning towards the ctr front/rear package or just the carbon fiber front.

-brian

· Registered
100 Posts
Could be I'm a little late whith my post, but I once had the '99 Type-R lip (bought front and rear lip as a pair for a very cheap price). I just needed the rear lip, and ordered myself the '97 CTR front lip. But since I had the '99 lip I tried it on my car and the lip is about 1" to short. If you install the lip with a screw in one wheelwel and go from there to the other side, you will have 1" clearence between the end of the lip and the wheelwel.

· Registered
2,837 Posts
vtec209rizer said:
i dont think it will fit. just get a 96-98 SIR lip look pretty close to the si lip.

I certainly hope in the two years since this thread was created and forgotten he's figured that out.

Why is it always the noobs who bring two year old threads back from the dead?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.