Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After analyzing the comparison chart of the '99-'01 Base and SH Manual model prelude, I have come across that the only considerable difference is that the SH has ATTS and base model doesn't. Is this correct? Because the engines are the same, right? First of all I'm 15 and going to buy a prelude soon. So what do you suggest, the Base or SH? Does it just depend if I want the ATTS on my car and if not just the small price difference?? And when I said the engines are the same, what engine models are stock in these cars, h22a1 or something correct? Last question, what would be equivilent to the honda b16 or b18 motor for the H-series, the h23??, because is the stock engine powerful enough to support common things like exhaust, intakes, zex, and maybe in the future a turbo??
And oh yah, what is the SS model?!?! is h22a4 the best?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
the engines are pretty much the same but the SH has an upgraded suspension, 5 spoke rims, and atts, and it comes with a spoiler.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the ATTS really important, or is the Base model, since not as heavy, better? and the other questions in the first post. thank you!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
H22a4 is the stock engine for ludes 1997-2002.
What I can tell you about my car, which is an SH,
is that SH does make a diff in handling.
I lowered my ride 1.8 inches and a smile comes to my face when I take a very narrow and winding turn.

I also have and N1 and intake and for me it's a good enough daily driver and weekend road course racer till i put on 200,000 miles, im no wheres near that yet.

But Im hella happy with it.

jay

·
Registered
866 Posts
cliffnotes of what everyone's bout to tell you. get the base for turbocharging/supercharging, nitrous. get the SH for mild modifications or no modifications at all. wheels, side skirts, courtesy lights, leather shift knob, standard spoiler, ATTS are what differentiate the SH from the base. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!! :p SH is 88lbs heavier. whether the ATTS is worth it is totaly up to you depending on your driving style and intentions for your car. SS is the sportshift, available only in the base model. ATTS (Active Torque Transfer System): torque is transfered to the out wheel in a turn thus givin improved handling. it's not perfect but it's no gimic either. i have the SH, it's boosted, lowered and i'm happy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well what about the engines. the h22a4 is the stock u say and what about the h22a1 and others. whats the best and what model is the h23 for?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
there's a thread in the FAQ about this...... come on ppl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.