Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think that my brakes may be going bad on my 99 accord 4 cyl 5 speed...seeing that when i hit my brakes (especially from high speeds) my steering wheel shakes. i was curious if anyone had suggestions on what type of brake pads i should get *cuz i have someone to do the work* and/or where i could get the best deal on gettin them fixed...? any advice?

thanks!

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
theres a good chance that the last person to do the brakes didnt get the rotors turned before changing the pads. that would cause the steering wheel to shake when you hit the brakes to slow down from higher speeds. if the pads needed to be changed then they would squeek when you hit the brakes..........................oh yea i see your from columbus.......GO BLUE!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! well i am originally from stockbridge michigan...so there....but still...go bucks!! hahaha :)

any idea how much it costs just to get the rotors resurfaced?

i appreciate all the responses!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
tracie99accord said:
any idea how much it costs just to get the rotors resurfaced?

i appreciate all the responses!!
Well, on my grandma's 96 Towncar they charged her $80, but it really depends on where you go to get them done. If you're strapped for cash go to a teaching facility and they might do em for free. I take automotive technology at a community college and we do all repairs for free and only ASK for donations. I, myself, find brakes the easiest of all subjects. I've already resurfaced drums and rotors. good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.