Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need to know how to reset my check engine light on my 99 acura 3.0 CL. I figured since Honda makes acura someone would know how to do it. I tried holding the odometer trip button while the key is halfway turned so the car is not on and i tried pulling out the backup clock fuse which didnt work either. Can someone please tell me how to reset it. My car is fine i pulled out the ignition coil fuse by mistake and it has been on since. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
engine light

1. disconnect your battery, both terminals, for 30 minutes. erases codes stuck in ecu (engine control unit, or your onboard computer)
2. go to autozone or call around if you don't have 1, they do free engine check with a code reader. whilst the code reader is connected to the ecu, it resets codes. takes about 20 minutes engine running after that for code to vanish.
3. get your engine hooked up to tester (read above) and have it figured out why the light came up? most likely gas cap leaking air or O2 sensor does not like something. replace gas cap, pour pint of seafoam fuel treatment into the gas tank, then refill to the 1st click (!) get her on hwy and cruise at 75 for some 20 minutes. should take care of the light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.