Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after comin back from work I was followed home by a friend of mine and we were planning to hang out afterwards so we were both goin to my house.......he was drivin a 92 Chevy Corsica and I was in my 99 at/ss prelude.....we weren't racin at all until he decided he would gun it and he got ahead about 60-70 feet ahead of me.... I didn't even notice as I was changing the CD in my CD player...I was in the SS mode (sorry I know its not a manual blah blah) and I got a feel of how quick this thing is...I just bought it bout 2 weeks ago and this is the first time I really opened it up......goin bout 90 mph in a 40 mph zone......went flyin by him and I gotta say it wasnt a fair match up but still it felt good :D May sound stupid or immature but I drove an Infiniti J30 before it was hit so it's nice to have a little quickness now :aww

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Nice Kill! Those 92 Corsicas are teh fast!

I'm j/p... haha

~Peace

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
quickludesi said:
ahhh they all say that at first...
:stupid....thats what i said at first too....check my posts about five months ago. SS was fun at first because i upgraded from a 94 accord but then it got old real quick. Especially when i started getting smoked off the line. you will see

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
I'd be visiting the doctor if I got a stick most likely.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yEah..

Yeah I know the SS is pretty much a novelty and it just gets old after a couple of months but I mean I don't mind the entire automatic transmission...I mean it's the only transmission I've ever really driven.....plus I'm not plannin to race this mo-fo or anything...I'm just planning to take it on some fun drives on some curvy roads and knowin the power is there.......Of course I would've loved to get the 5-speed but at the time in the entire Valley area it was either this or a couple of manuals with cheap exhausts and intakes and bodykits and high miles owned by 16-20 year olds and at the time my car wasn't driveable, I had up to 10,000 to spend, and my dad didn't want to go out-of-state, and I know none of my friends would drive me out of state either so you can see my problem.....but I definately see your points about manual and the SS...

·
Registered
333 Posts
98Vtec said:
there are times, tho very seldom that i wish i had an auto.

ACT clutch starts to wear on the calves in traffic :lol
I agree. The SS is a little frustrating at times, especially when you need to overtake a slow truck going uphill on the highway. can b a bit scary when it drops 2 gears down and goes nowhere at 7000 rpm for a second!
essentially, it's great for me in daily murderous traffic 90% of the time!
Drove my 92 Si for the first time in ages yesterday. The F22B and manual tranny still does it for me low down in the revs.
I don't even bother to take anybody on from a standstill in the SS. I would embarrass myself for sure... :cry

·
Registered
93 Posts
Muttznuttz said:
I agree. The SS is a little frustrating at times, especially when you need to overtake a slow truck going uphill on the highway. can b a bit scary when it drops 2 gears down and goes nowhere at 7000 rpm for a second!
essentially, it's great for me in daily murderous traffic 90% of the time!
Drove my 92 Si for the first time in ages yesterday. The F22B and manual tranny still does it for me low down in the revs.
I don't even bother to take anybody on from a standstill in the SS. I would embarrass myself for sure... :cry
The 92 Si are H23's, the S is the F22. :D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Other than the Corsica (which was just fuckin around....) I "raced" a current gen Toyota Celica GT-S and a Del Sol.....the GT-S I believe was stock and the Del Sol looked (and sounded) pretty heavily modifed and both were manual trannys....I wasn't even in SS mode, i was in the fully auto D4 mode......By 3rd gear I had already pulled away from both of em and they just kept gettin smaller and smaller in the rearview......Listenin to techno music while driving on the freeway really pumps you up :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
SCGMafia said:
Other than the Corsica (which was just fuckin around....) I "raced" a current gen Toyota Celica GT-S and a Del Sol.....the GT-S I believe was stock and the Del Sol looked (and sounded) pretty heavily modifed and both were manual trannys....I wasn't even in SS mode, i was in the fully auto D4 mode......By 3rd gear I had already pulled away from both of em and they just kept gettin smaller and smaller in the rearview......Listenin to techno music while driving on the freeway really pumps you up :D

unfortunatley the gt-s driver wasn't aware of the race... :rolleyes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.