Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 honda accord 4dr. I changed the header and exhaust system on the car. I changed the transmission not to long ago would say 3 months ago. Everytime the car shift it takes long to change gear, you could hear it change gear loud. Dont know poeple have told me to change the solinoid on the transmission. I changed the one that goes underneath the battery. Should i change other one or is it something different?

· Registered
26 Posts
when checking fluid level i your supposed to do it within a min of shutting off the car. just add a little fluid at a time. its a lot of bs checking and adding and running. checking adding running. also only use honda premium z1 auto tranny fluid. the throttle control cable is the one attached to the front of the tranny that then goes to the throttle body. its the only cable on the throttle that goes from left to right. just make sure there isn't any slack. check the other cables on the thottle and tighten/loosen if necessary. there shouldn't be any slack on the cables but they should only be tightened right to the point where they have no slack

· Registered
26 Posts
what do you mean by slack?
like the cables should be tight. if you hold a rope and let your hands come together it bends and the middle falls down(slack). if you pull you hands outward the rope will come up until it is a straight line-tight(this is where you want them to be). you can also pull more on the rope stretching it a bit and making it even tighter(you have tightened it too much at this point).

on all the cable adjusters there are two nuts, one on each side of a bracket. i found the easiest way to do this is to loosen both nuts and then pull the cable to a point where there is no slack. then you just tighten both the nuts making sure the cable stays at this point

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.