Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats the only way I can explain it. Aight, once I get a light and stop everything is fine. As I pull off at the like I hear this sound like a rotor or something rubbing making that wooon sound. Its not that loud , but this just happen recently. This evening I will get up on jack stand and see whats the deal. I plan on lubing some of the suspension stuff, and repainting my rotors and calibers. Man its look back with 18" rusty rotors. Anyone had this happen to them??????????//

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
First time I've posted in a while... Anyway, I know the exact "Woooonnnnn" sound you are talking about. Happening to my '94 Lude VTEC. Brakes or wheel bearing.

My suggestion is to take off your rims and check your pads, and rotors. If those are fine, then I would probably either get a Chiltons or bring it to a shop....

~Peace :D

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Preludes also make a funny sound when first starting up. Kinda like a woon sound , when you take off , its an electrical kinda sound that comes from the engine bay. I have yet to figure out what this is , but when I usually first pull away from the house it happens.

·
Registered
52 Posts
thats the abs clearing/checking itself. kinda like a short buzz after startup?

simple way to check wheel bearings....hit 30-45mph or until you can hear them, then sway the car side to side. this loads the bearing to race and the bearing noise (if present and at fault) should go away.

v

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Wheel-bearing on one of my 94 Lude's went out, but it makes more of a grinding sound more than anything. And no matter at what speed it made that "grinding" sound... It was constant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts