Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 civic si and i really hate how weak these brakes are and plus the rotors are warped anyways. I plan on putting my turbo kit on sometime, probably in spring, and so have to plan my brake system for that also. what good/cheap options do i have?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
you have quite a few choises, but if i were you i would go with some blank rotors and some porterfield R4S brake pads. the pad according to the porterfield site are $89 for the fronts and $69 for the rears.
a lil on the expensive side but well worth it in my oppinion.
i have them on my galant and i love them.

here's more info about those pads.

"R4-S High Performance Street and Autocross
For high performance and heavy-duty street conditions. Perfect for prolonged everyday street use while also being capable of tolerating the most severe street use without any fade. Rotor friendly of course. The R4-S friction level will give you an impressive increase in stopping ability with very minimum pedal effort. R4-S compound has the absolute lowest noise and dust levels, far below OEM equipment or any other high performance brake material. Good for autocrossing, some drivers schools, solo events, and rally’s. The R4-S compound is available for virtually any vehicle sold in the US. We also offer the R4-S in pad sizes for competition type calipers that are used under street driven conditions." coutesy porterfield-brakes.com

·
Registered
326 Posts
brembo blanks $70
axxis kevlar/ceramic pads $45frnt 40rear
goodridge brake lines $100

thats what i have in my turbo gsr and i love them

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for blank rotors i was thinking about getting carbotech maybe? but im really interested in getting slightly bigger rotors but im not really sure its worth it. those r4s pads sound like they are good according to that description and maybe ill get those but ill just have to wait a little while longer and plus i need to finish my hid retrofit :)

one main thing that i feel is making my braking distance so long is that the rear brakes seem to really SUCK and they are disk too. it seems like ill never get to put my turbo on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts