Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to change the brakes on my coupe. So i got the stock Si brake pads. My car has slotted and drilled rotors. when I am finally ready to put on the brake pad it turns out they dont fit, they are too small. Are the CR-V brake rotors intechanable with the Si. The reason I am asking is because my coupe has a B-20 and maybe the person who had it before swithed them out. Or is it because of the aftermarket rotors. Any help would be appreiciated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
the brand is most likely going to be on the inside of the rotor where it meets the hub, so your gonna have to pull off the rotor to find out, or try and contact the person you bought it from.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...that's what I kinda thought.....I just didn't know where the brand of the rotor would be...when you buy aftermarket rotors do they come with brake pads...

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
why not just take the old pad and match it up? or just buy the right rotor for that car since you have si pads?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean match it up with another brake pad that size? Are any other Honda/Acura parts inchangable as far as brake parts..

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
CLNCRXSi said:
You mean match it up with another brake pad that size? Are any other Honda/Acura parts inchangable as far as brake parts..
exactly...not sure if how many are interchangable..

·
Registered
5 Posts
CLNCRXSi said:
I was going to change the brakes on my coupe. So i got the stock Si brake pads. My car has slotted and drilled rotors. when I am finally ready to put on the brake pad it turns out they dont fit, they are too small. Are the CR-V brake rotors intechanable with the Si. The reason I am asking is because my coupe has a B-20 and maybe the person who had it before swithed them out. Or is it because of the aftermarket rotors. Any help would be appreiciated.
has nothing to do with the rotors, yours pads fit into your caliper sadle, make sure you have stock sadles and calipers if not those pads wont fit. Also make sure that your parts guy sent you the correct pads, maybe he sent you pads for a different car. Only way it could be rotors is if you have thicker ones. Did you compress you caliper piston completely?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.