Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'll start by saying this isn't my car nor do I have any knowledge of Honda related cars.

But anyway my buddy has a 99 Type R that he turboed, had tuned and "blew" up the motor. It sat for a few years outside, and is now in my garage.

My role in this is pulling the motor, taking it apart and replacing hopefully only the block. The motor is already out and I'm procrastinating on taking it apart. Might start tonight. Here is some proof lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, build date is 12/99 on the door jam. Could just have type R stuff swapped on it. I'm more of a old VW/Mazda guy myself Honda has never really attracted me.

Anyway onto some more tear down and carnage.

The culprit, cracked #4 sleeve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Started swapping some things over to the new motor, waiting on a clutch, resurfaced flywheel, and some gaskets still.

Still need to drill and tap a hole in the block for the knock sensor since the B18A that is going in it doesn't have one stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty much ready to drop in, just waiting on a clutch, resurfaced flywheel, and some gaskets.

Relocation of the knock sensor in the B18A block since it didn't have one.

Turbo drain

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I didn't finish it completely but it was very close to being done before it left my house.

A lil back story on the car, he has had it for 6 years the previous owner had it stolen and stripped which is why the front fenders and hood are different but color matched, the original B18C5 cracked a ring and was sold, so a B18C1 was dropped in and shortly after turboed. That motor obviously met it's end.

The car is now at a shop being dyno tuned and getting the motor broken in before he gets his hands on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts