Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has an 2003 Accord V-6 back in the states and recently the A/C took a crap. The car only has 25,000 miles so she took it into the dealership to get it fixed. They said that something got flung up and punctured the condenser, which I can totally believe, but it't not covered under warranty, and it's going to cost over $500 to get it fixed. The car is completley stock and it is not driven hard at all so this kind of pisses me off that honda won't do a thing to help her out. She even purchased the extended warranty from honda. I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like this with their new body style Accord. Hopefully there is something that she can do to get Honda to fix the car, but I have a feeling that they are just going to tell her to take a hike. Any input, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
well can they show you the puncture mark and how it could have happened? Sorry for your bad luck bro, but this could just be one of these freak accident, and it does not matter if the car was driven hard or not. You could also invoke goodwill from their part, they make give you a discount. or you could send a letter to Honda of America and explain your case. Friend of mine had a brand new integra, the alternator pulley broke while it was just out of warranty, and they replaced it for free, just because he was a regular customer

·
Registered
230 Posts
warrantie don't conver road hazards....but you can get the condenser replaced for cheaper than that....buy the part and have an a/c or honda mechanic (not dealer) install it....

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
road hazards? isnt there a plastic piece that covers the bottom of the engine, FIGHT THAT SHIT

·
Registered
230 Posts
UH, if something flies up from the road, it is a road hazard. the condenser is most likey in front of the radiator...it is easily damaged by debris.suchas rocks or car parts that are on the road. a couple of years ago a huge piece of metal flew of a truck and got stuck under my car...looked like flames on back to the futre...if it had punctured anything I would have been SOL...

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
AccOrDZteCh said:
road hazards? isnt there a plastic piece that covers the bottom of the engine, FIGHT THAT SHIT

it could be a freak accident, but you should DEFINATELY ask to see the puncture marks or whatever so you dont get hosed by the dealer, and DEFINATELY DO NOT have the dealer do the repair, because it will cost you a fortune and a half...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
oh if its in the front then well that sucks...

but what id do is take it to another mechanic, they will get the cheaper price, probably around 300 to repair everything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts