Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i got my car back from get a jdm b16a sir2 in my 96 hatch and my ac blows ambient air. So i went to kragen and got r134 recharger kit. Well i hooked the gauge up and it read that it was at normal pressure. So what can it be????? compressor???

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats wierd because the ac was cooling like a mother f-er when i dropped it off at the shop. Plus i thought that compressors last a long time.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Check the wires to the compressor, and listen to hear if the magnetic clutch on the compressor actually engaes (easiest at idle, like in your driveway or parked). The LED for the a/c may light up, but it doesn't mean the compressor is actually engauged, i think there is also a fuse for it too...that might be blown.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mean wiggle the wire to see if they are connected???So have the car idling and wiggle the wires and what am i tring to hear for???
thanks for the input

·
Registered
542 Posts
WHen you push the button to turn on the a/c , see if you can hear the compressor engaging...if not, then check your wires leading to the compressor etc.....

Don't actually wiggle the wires, if they are loose, then it may further loosen them. Just visually check them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i hear it engaging...but still no cold air...so what could it be now????

·
Registered
542 Posts
dialzero said:
ok i hear it engaging...but still no cold air...so what could it be now????
hrmmm id say just take it to one of those places and get it checked for like $30 or take it back to the shop that did it in the first place.

If you hear the compressor engaing...but no cold air...i dunno then.
The magnetic clutch on the compressor makes a noticable click-noise sound when it engages...also...

Does your idle go up when you engage the a/c? If the idle doesn't go up when you turn on the a/c, then check the belt like blackEG said...obvious, but may be the case. If it goes up but still no cold air, then i really dunno.

I would guess no refrigerant but you said pressure is normal. Take it to the shop or one of those brake places (brake masters) or a place like midas to have the a/c checked. Its pretty cheap at $30 i think, sometimes its $24 with coupon. Honda will overcharge you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for all your help...

I took the car to my friends shop (not the one that did the swap) and they found the problem like that. It was electrical the whole time. AC was engaging but i guess that the swap place did not wire the OBD2 - OBD1 conversion and there wazs no power to the compressor. The pully was spinning but the compressor wheel was not. You coould tell too just but looking at the bolts at the end of the compressor and see if they are spinning.....mine were not.

So thanks all

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could be ,

1, expansion valve stuck (located cooling coil)

2, What do you call the bottle for monitoring bubbles (located at front engine) ( Could be stuck also need to be replace)

Must put compressor oil after everything been replace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts