Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to remove my entire air conditioning unit and i don't have a heynes manual yet! i know the a/c is located right next to my radiator on my 95 DX but what all can i remove. i'm gonna take the fan off and can i take the condenser that looks like a mini radiator off too?? is there any other parts i'm forgetting about'??? do i have to worry about freeon spraying out???

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I took the a/c out of my 95 dx...if your doing it to just get a little extra power, just take the belt off...you wont need a new belt, the a/c belt only powers the a/c since the dx doesnt have power steering or anything and the alternator has a seperat belt..if you want to take everything out...just take the belt off of the compressor, i just did it outside and disconected all the freeon lines :rolleyes im sure theres a better way to do that but hey it got the job done, just get away from the car after you take the lines off! you dont wanna breath that shit in at all!Unbolt the compressor and pull it off...then just take the condensor out(aka little min-radiator in your words :D) and that should do it..unless you wanna go all out you can remove all of the hard lines for the a/c but its pretty much a waste of time! Hope that helps you out!

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
hobie237 said:
i'm not sure about your particular car, but sometimes you need a different serpentine belt to drive everything with the ac removed
hondas dont have serpentine belts.

but as for evacutating the AC. you can just bust the lines open carefully and release it out or have a shop evac it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.