Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'93 lude SI. The air conditioning staring cutting out a few months ago. The green ac light would stay on but no cold air. Used to be I could just press the ac button on and off and I could feel the ac clutch kick back in. It got progressively worse to where I had to bang on the dash to get it back on. Now it very rarely cuts on at all. I took apart the dash trying to find a fried wire but came up with nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It could be a faulty thermostat. try looking for it under the glove box. It is a part that has 2 wires and a sencoring bulb (wire) that goes to the evaporator housing. To see if this part is good remove it and with a multimeter check for countinuity.Countinuity is to see if voltage passes from one side to the other.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt said:
could be out of r12, small leak somewhere

banging a button wont make it work any better...
I think your right. I had a bad squeaking that ended up being the crankshaft pulley (I thought is was the a/c compressor making the noise). Replaced that and all belts. Now the a/c cuts on but then right back off, like it has no freon. It has the R34 kit on it. So recharging it will be a snap.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.