Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals....here's what i have in mind, let me know if this is possible. I have a 96 Civic DX, and a 93 Si with a GSR swap *see sig*...I would like to take the air conditioning system out of the 96, and put it into the 93....is this possible?...thanks!

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
93_SI said:
Hey guys/gals....here's what i have in mind, let me know if this is possible. I have a 96 Civic DX, and a 93 Si with a GSR swap *see sig*...I would like to take the air conditioning system out of the 96, and put it into the 93....is this possible?...thanks!
yes, all you need is a bracket that i'm selling! :ninja

it's a crv a/c bracket (a del sol a/c bracket i hear works too, but they are alot more expensive) and it has bolts that line up for the d series compressor, and the bracket mounts up to a b series engine.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really....hmmm...i wanna do this now! I'm gonna have to start looking into how much work it will involve... if anybody has any links, they would be appreciated...thanks for the replies!! :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
hi i just swapped a 95 b18 ls swap into my 95 civic and i need ac aswell engine already has b series compressor on there, car had ac before so all lines are there but the condesor line wont hook upto the compresssor, i was told i can use a 96-00 condensor and then the line will go into compresor is this true?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
you can get a crv or del sol (b16 variety) a/c bracket and use the old d series compressor on the b18. that's what most people do to avoid unhooking the a/c lines and evacuating the system. otherwise, i would htink you'll just need custom lines to make it work as far as i know.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
mclean changing the condenser won't make the line fit into the compressor...I suspect you need to just change the line from the condensor to the compressor. The condenser fittings should all be the same you just need a line with the correct compressor fittings so try the Teg lines.

Also like IIsaintII said you can change brackets to P54 or P7J and reuse the D compressor.

·
Registered
850 Posts
ok i see thanks for replies guys but ive seen eg and ek with b series swaps with b series compressor, i already have compressor on engine and dont have d series compresor, i have lcondenser and lines from integra but they are much longer as condensor is much bigger, i have condensers from civics and integra but i heard that the d series condensor lines wont go into the b series compressor im wondering if i could use a delsol dohc condenser then the lines should work right since its b series?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.