Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so you guys know, yea, ive read alot of stuff on here, but I cant really find exactly what Im trying to find out...
2 Things...
1: On my truck, almost everything on the interior is just that hard plastic crap, no vinyl or anything on any of it...
What would be the best method to go about painting this plastic? I will be doing everything aside from the main part of the dash. And this is a truck, one that gets used alot, and goes to the desert. lol, so I need to know if there is a paint that can stand up to the abuse, and the 125 degree weather we have out here in az, as I want to paint the interior black...

2: On the top of my cab, it looks like there used to be a rack or something up there before i owned it. well, the top of the truck is kind of 'ribbed' i guess you could say. Think like the inside of the bed, where it goes up, and down, and up, and down... Well, on the high points on the roof there are 4 small points that have been dented downward and slightly creased, thus chipping the paint, rusting, and causing the metal to split.
The holes are maybe the length of a quarter, and the width of... a nickel standing upright... lol
now, i know that (from me diddling around with it in the past) i can make the fiberglass conform to the ridges in the roof, but would fiberglass be good to patch these up prior to paint?
I dont want something that will crack, but a budget is something i cant escape...
Thanks alot guys...

·
Registered
398 Posts
iff it wew possable to post some pics i would be happy to tell you what to do, its kinda hard to tell exactly without seeing it, as for the plastic peaces theres alot of products you could use, black will be easy, use this stuff its the best SEM VYNAL DYE it dyes the plastic instead of covering it with paint, it wont chip flake off exe, and its permanent

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, cool, thanks...
And Ill take some pics in about an hour or so and get them up here... Maybe even sooner...
I will take pics of all of the stuff I plan on repairing before paint...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here they are...
This is on the back corner of the cab... You can see the dent here, it is about quarter size, and it goes in about 1/4" or so. The metal here is VERY hard, so im guessing there is a lot of metal behind it, so I dont think pounding it back out would be an option...

This is one of the holes in the roof I was talking about... I put the nickel there just for comparison...

This is a shot of the same spot, from further away, so you can see the other rust spots...

And, here is a picture of my door panel just to show what it is i am trying to paint... the part circled in yellow is a rubbery kinda crap, im not sure what to do with that, maybe if i can seperate it, i can make a new one in fiberglass, or strip it and wrap it in glass, im not sure... but aside from those parts on the doors, everything else in the truck is hard plastic, including that grey area that looks like its soft, it isnt...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.