Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i knew i would be making this post one day,

well see, last march, i got pulled over and ticketed for no front plate, "noisy muffler", and i didnt have my insurance papers on me becuase i had just been kicked off my insurance due to someone t-boning my car (3rd) accident. and i hadnt gotten the new insurance cards in the mail yet

so i have these tickets, and they are just fix it tickets, so i forget about them for a while... a while longer, a while longer, alll i had to do says the cop is " just sign that you got the muffler replaced and put the plate back on and send it in with proof of insurance and you will be fine."

so thats what i did, signed the sheets he gave me, sent in a copy of the insurance card, put the plate back on and put the silencer in the exhuast

and i forgot about it... thinking i was fine

then they send me a letter tellling me that i need to pay $115.00 for the tickets and send a handwritten letter from my insurance company....

so i did that all yesterday and sent it off......

today in the mail, three cryptic letters (one for each ticket) telling me that my license is suspended as of a few days ago.... and not to drive becuase that would be a felony etc etc... and that the only way to reinstate my license was to go to trial

so now im scared like a bitch and i finally get the balls to call my sister the lawyer (an excellent one too)

she has me fax her the 3 letters, and i wait

she calls me back 5 minutes later to tell me that its all taken care of and now on if i get a ticket to tell her becuase will take care of it no problem,

so she got me my license back!

i also found out that her husbands registration and inspection have been out for years but he gets away with it b.c hes a firefighter (knows cops) and shes a lawyer (knows cops and judges)

·
Registered
941 Posts
glad to hear it man... i think what happened to you was you got screwed in the system lag... like it was the computers that red tagged you and stuff like that thinking u haven't sent in ur stuff yet but you have but it was not recorded in the system yet...

haha if you can understand wut i just said.... well at least i think that's wut happened...

Anyhow glad your alright man... luck you got a lawyer for a sis...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Good to hear that you are ok dude. I had a ticket for my "improper muffler" and went to court for it about 2 weeks ago. The D.A. asked the judge to dismiss all charges because the case shouldn't have been there in the first place, and the judge said that seeing as I am Asian, he has no doubt that the officer was just looking to harass some people, but couldn't get anything on me, and he didn't leave any notes with the ticket like he should've, and on top of that he didn't show his ugly ass to testify. All charges dropped.

·
Registered
941 Posts
jai si said:
Good to hear that you are ok dude. I had a ticket for my "improper muffler" and went to court for it about 2 weeks ago. The D.A. asked the judge to dismiss all charges because the case shouldn't have been there in the first place, and the judge said that seeing as I am Asian, he has no doubt that the officer was just looking to harass some people, but couldn't get anything on me, and he didn't leave any notes with the ticket like he should've, and on top of that he didn't show his ugly ass to testify. All charges dropped.
You should have pressed the judge to do something about the officer :p

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yeah there's something here in CO that the officer is supposed to give you a business card with a number to call if you feel harassed or anything by the cop. I realize he never game me one...the fucker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts