Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its for my mom's mazda 626 (which is the shittyest car in the world). Well when I press on the brakes the pedal pulsates back and forth and it does it until the car stops. After this thing started I changded pads and flushed the system now the only thing I think might do it is the disks but I dont know if I am right. So if you know whats wrong with this junky car please tell.

One more question, if it is disks can I just buy them from Autozone and put them on or do I need to bring disks down to a shop do get them surfased?

Thank you

(Sorry that I posted it in the Civic Tech but the reason why I did it is because my lockal forum got hacked and now for the last 3 days admins are trying to fix it)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It stops fine but I dont really feel the brake pedal sometimes because it moves back and forth so much.

My Q:
If I buy new rotors, do I need to resurface them before I put them on? Or can I just put them on and drive?

And what do you think is cheaper buying new rotors and putting them on myself or brining the car to a shop to resurface the rotors?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hobie237 said:
no, you do not need to resurface new rotors... and i dont know what would be cheaper, but it'll probly be the rotors urself... not to mention that if they're warped too bad the shop will need to replace them anyway

but if you go with new rotors you need to bed them in properly (starting and stopping to get the grooves in the pads to match the rotors) before you go driving off
Thanks now 1 more question, how to bed them properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.