Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,863 Posts
*JackHCChen* said:
He told me the motor has been bored from 1.8 to 2.1, and he told me that a stroker kit doesn't necessary to have the piston and that i can use my stock piston and just use shorter rods to make it work, so i was wondering is it possible to use a 1.8 stock piston head on a motor that's being bored out to 2.1?? And have you guys ever heard of a stroker kit that doesn't include the piston?? cos i never heard of that....
Ok...a true stroker kit. Meaning one you buy as a kit will come with pistons. But they are sized to a certain spec. A stroker setup that you spec out and source out the parts yourself will not come with pistons because you gotta do the calculations and order them yourself. Pay attention to that last part. Basically if the shop really wanted to, they could call up JE, Arias, ROSS and give them the specs and ask them to produce the bore sized piston that's needed. Costs a grip load though. Don't know if you're worth the money. It's not as easy as just gettling larger bore pistons either, calculations are necessary to determine if the connecting rod pin needs to be moved around, and if so, how much higher. Rings will have to be moved around as well. So like I said, it is possible to do it, but is it worth spending all that money on someone that doesn't even know what they want? I probably wouldn't, but a deal is a deal...until it becomes ridiculous. The fact that you are wishy-washy about wanting to go Pssh-pssh or all motor probably made him reconsider about spending the time, money, and energy to hook you up.

Also...you CAN USE a stock bore head on a bored out block. Keep in mind though, the difference in combustion chamber and cylinder bore will result in a much higher compression ratio.

Bottom line...you were going to pay him a thousand bucks, then you started acting like a wishy-washy woman, at that point, he probably determined that you weren't worth the trouble. When I was building my stroker motor. From scratch, I EASILY exceeded 4000 dollars. Without even factoring in labor. I was getting a lot of parts at jobber pricing too.

· Registered
1,863 Posts
*JackHCChen* said:
yea i guess u r right...but then i go there every other weekend, and when he see me he always tell me everything's almost done and all...and never ask me about if i wanna do N/A or forced induction.....if he question about that, why didn't he just ask?? till much much later and he blame everything on me.....it's not like i never see him......everytime i go there i'll always ask them if there's any problem or anything, and he never say anything.......
It's not his responsibility to ask you what you want when you obviously walked into there with no clue as to what you wanted. 200 WHP IS POSSIBLE with 9:1 compression. How? First off...you're going to have 2.1 liters!!!!

So he's not yanking your chain there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.