Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently being f*cked over by my mechanic and i'm planning on going to court against him. But i just wanna know some info before i make a fool outta myself. The story was that he agreed to put a rebuilt B18B LS motor in my car and a stroker kit for $1000 in return of sponsoring his shop. And now he wants to back outta deal after i paid him and waited for over half year. His reason of backing out the deal was because I wanna change from supercharged/turbo charged build motor with a 9:1 compression to a N/A build motor with a 11:1 compression and he had to spend a lot extra for the parts, so at the end we agree on going back to the very origonally deal that we agreed on.
He told me the motor has been bored from 1.8 to 2.1, and he told me that a stroker kit doesn't necessary to have the piston and that i can use my stock piston and just use shorter rods to make it work, so i was wondering is it possible to use a 1.8 stock piston head on a motor that's being bored out to 2.1?? And have you guys ever heard of a stroker kit that doesn't include the piston?? cos i never heard of that....
Also, is there much difference on building the block between a 9:1 compression and 11:1 compression?? cos i think he's just bullshitting me about this whole thing.
Third, is there any way for a 9:1 compression B18B LS motor get to 200 horsepower with Crane cam stage 2 cams, the mistry "stroker kit", AEM cam gears, valve springs and retrainer kit, ACT street clutch, lighter flywheel, DC 4-2-1 header, and a 2.5" custom catback?? because the 200 horsepower is also part of the origional deal. And i really don't believe it can hit 200 with just 9:1 compression...
Also, if anybody knows any really good civil lawsuit lawyer in Indiana, that would be really helpful too. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when it comes to engine, i'm a 3 year old noob who can't even tell from the head to the block....and when he 1st offer me the deal, i had complete trust in him because i did some work done on my cars by him, but then when my friend heard about the "deal", he think something shady is going on and told me to ask my mechanic shit load of questions like the brand of the stroker kit, the compression and everything, that's when i found out he's doing 9:1 compression, and both my friend and i don't believe the engine will get to 200 hp either at the wheel or at the crank with 9:1 compression, so we ask him why he chose 9:1 compression, and that's when he told me he's building a forced induction motor since i never told him if i wanna go N/A or forced induction......and that's when i told him i wanna go N/A and wanna up the compression to 11:1. At that time, he told me no problem at all and everything, till a week ago he actually starting to order all these parts and found out it's gonna cost him up to the ass for the parts, and then he wanna back down from the deal....

i really don't wanna bother to goto court and everything cos i'm studying at NY and don't have much time to run back and forth for court and lawyer, i just wanna know if the car comes out with 9:1 compression, what can i do to up the compression to make my car have more horsepower?? can i just change the piston to one of those high compression pistons?? i know that calculation will be required, but if there anything i need to do to the engine?? like build the engine differently and stuff??? or just change the parts...

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i guess u r right...but then i go there every other weekend, and when he see me he always tell me everything's almost done and all...and never ask me about if i wanna do N/A or forced induction.....if he question about that, why didn't he just ask?? till much much later and he blame everything on me.....it's not like i never see him......everytime i go there i'll always ask them if there's any problem or anything, and he never say anything.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.