Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might become a new owner of a 93 Civic VX soon. I looked at it and all i'm waiting for is the loan to approve to make me the new owner. So soon I will be part of the civic family. wish me luck.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
good luck with the new car?
any plans for it? because from looking at your sig it looks like you already have a quick car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my ultimate goal is to put an B18C R in my integra. Then build up my current LS while it's out the engine. A complete tear down and rebuild. Then put the LS/VTEC in the Hatch. That's my goal for both of the cars. But for now I want to keep it stock, so I can get through these tough times of gas prices.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
But for now I want to keep it stock, so I can get through these tough times of gas prices.
dont expect gas prices to go down anytime soon at all... in fact, expect the price/gallon of gas to keep raising, maybe at a significant rate, in the future. i could tell ya why, but if you really want to know we can discuss it in a OT thread or through pms

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
it been fluctuating b/t 2.10-2.20 here.. i've heard reports from credible radio broadcasters about it being near $4 average U.S. gallon by december

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it's a VX hatch. I just got approved for the loan so I get to pick it up in the morning. I post pics of it when I get it. I won't be able to do anything to it until I pay off some of my bills and pay off my teg. Hopefully by summer I can start building the hatch, And by winter I have my ITR motor for my teg.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a pic of me picking up the hatch, yesterday morning.

I had to do the pose....:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well right after I got it and drove it on the freeway, the check engine light came on. I was like WTF!! Well I rode it all the way home and got off the freeway. That's when I noticed that the idling was all weird. So that's when I realized that the check engine light came on cause maybe I have a bad sensor. Other than that, I have no clue on why the light is on. In the morning i'm going to check what the ECU is throwing. Is it the same way if you were checking it on a Teg?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
No clue how you check it in a teg, but I would be surprised if the method is different. On a civic, you jumper the 2 pin service connector by the ecu. Count the blinks. One long blink is 10, quick blinks are 1. Just add them up. So 2 long blinks + 3 short blinks = CEL 23.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.