Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Do You Let Your Girl Drive Your Car???

• Definately ( I don't mind at all)

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Yes (But I am nervous til I get it back)

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • No (I don't let her drive my car)

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Absolutely Not (I am the only driver of my car)

Votes: 21 29.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my girlfriend has been asking to use my Civic a lot cause she likes the attention and likes my car. Well I don't have a problem with her liking my car but I hate here driving it when I'm not with her. I don't know how she treats it over bumps or anything like that. I don't know how she works the clutch or anything. When she drives with me she does ok but she is probably paying more attention since I am in the car. Now, I wouldn't mind if she drove a decent car that I could fix up for her so I could have some fun in her car also, but she drive a VW Jetta which there isn't a whole lot for it. I want her to get a 98 Eclipse so I can trick that out and drive it.

Well I just wanted to ask all the guys out there who have girlfriends if you let your girl drive your car? If you don't what's your reasoning?

·
Registered
504 Posts
How upset do you think youd be if she wrecked it? My girl can't drive my car she can't drive a stick:D :D :D .............. Yet:(

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yeah, she can drive it... but its only an automatic so its not a big deal.. i dont think shes driven it since its been dropped.... and she hated the exhuast before i had the silencer on it

but once i get the b20z auto to manual swap... she is NOT getting behind the wheel.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yeah

I'll let her drive my ryde. I mean, I thought her how 2 drive 5spd. She scares me, cause she drives a little better than me.:eek:

·
Registered
508 Posts
If she respects you she will respect your car. I can see you don't trust her. Don't let her drive it. It's all about the LUV & TRUST. Let her drive her own car. Lates

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
I know my girl treats it with tons of respect, so yeah I can say that I trust her. It would just suck if something happen, if its me who fucks up my car thats one thing, but if its someone else, it would be a mess.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
MD99SiR said:
Well I just wanted to ask all the guys out there who have girlfriends if you let your girl drive your car? If you don't what's your reasoning?
I've let my gf borrow my car 1 time w/o me being with her in one year. I've let her drive it maybe 13-20 times in 1 year total. She's just like your girl, "I like the attention. Its fun to drive. It looks better than my car." I got my gf to buy a GS-R. Its been a good and bad thing. Its awesome cause now if I don't want to buy her flowers and jewelry I just go buy some car parts for her. The bummer is that if I mess-up installing then I'll hear about it! I drive her car a little more than she drives mine.

The bottom line...when I ride with my gf in her car I occationally talk to her about what she'll have to do when we: lower her car, rims, tires, etc. I'm having her practice what to do already as if she had the stuff on her car. After a few times of telling her why I don't pull within a foot of the curb when I park, don't pull all the way up to the curb till my front wheels hit, and don't back up till my rear wheels hit the curb she's learned how I like to treat my car. Of course I was concerned when my gf took my car cause her speed demon friend went with her. I just didn't want to have to hear, "Well we came around that one corner and the truck was in the middle of the road. I swerved and we're lucky we're alive. Sorry about your drivers mirror. The truck took it off."

A car I can replace...but my gf I can't. If she drives the car and wrecks it or gets hit I'd rather be with her.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
MD99SiR said:
she drive a VW Jetta which there isn't a whole lot for it.
What year Jetta? There are tons of stuff you can do to them, even the 2.slow engines have some potential.

I'm lucky, my g/f can't drive stick. I do let her ride my quad (02 Honda Rancher ES 4X4), but she has managed to get a flat and mess up the front brakes.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i let my gf drive the car around the parking lot :D! but yea good thing she doesnt know how to drive yet...shes too scared to go on the local streets. i told her dat she can drive my car to work if she got a licence n shit..but still i dont let my homies drive my car cuz of my bad brakes...soo yea im kind aweary about her driving my car hah

·
Registered
836 Posts
I definantly let my girl drive my car.... she only drove it once without me in it. She knows how to treat it though she's into cars.... she has a Neon with body kit, rims, lowered, intake, exhaust, etc. I found myself a good girlfriend :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I let my girl driev my car. she knows how i feel and i am sure she would pay for anyting that she messed up. But just the other day she went home and i let her take my car because she had a flat and was on a dounut. so she used my car while i fixed that for her. But she always take bumps slow . but she loves the way my exhaust sounds !

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
This if off topic, MD99SiR- where are you located in washington?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OdiedogCX said:
This if off topic, MD99SiR- where are you located in washington?
I know it's off topic but I wanted to get people opinion who have Civic's. I live in the Tri-Cities.

·
Registered
597 Posts
id be too worried to let her drive, shes still an early driver and she drives close to the kerbs!!! id be mad if she scratched my rims

·
Registered
678 Posts
1 time

the only time my girl has driven my car by herself was when she went and washed it at her house and i was at work. but i let her drive while im in there, but that is very rarely.

·
Registered
513 Posts
well just about every girl I know have asked this question " Can I drive your car?" This is the question I always try to advoid.

I wouldn't let anyone drive the car no matter how hot-n-sweet she is......as long she had her own car that is a STICK!.

Other than that take her to a parking lot and teach her lessions. then go to back roads and such till you feel comfy for her to use your car whenever......

But yeah I wouldn't let anyone drive my car since it's gotten sooooo bad-ass now. ha ha

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
if i ever let my girl drive my car i want her to race other guys and mess them up, but i would also be scared until i get it back hahah

1 - 20 of 34 Posts