21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
i can't stick this thread on account that it can be VERY bad news for n00b tuners/ricers who think they know what they're doing.
word

and to the OP running lean = more power? :bash
have you ever heard "not all power is good power"?

12.7-12.9 is way rich for NA.

this is what you want your AFR's to look like under boost

apex pfc price tag > free crome

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
the only reason why i'm keeping this thread open is because it can bring open discussion from other tuners. it would be good to have a thread like this with a lot of different tuning philosophies so the car owner has an idea of what's out there :nod

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
bonestock94 said:
word

and to the OP running lean = more power? :bash
have you ever heard "not all power is good power"?

12.7-12.9 is way rich for NA.

this is what you want your AFR's to look like under boost

apex pfc price tag > free crome

:nod

11:8 - 12:1 is a pretty thing to see for boost at WOT.

I wouldnt say its way rich. There are some motors that take a little more fuel than other motors. But the average people looking into this info arent going to have a motor that are in need of that kind of fueling. 13:1 is about the threshold for NA motors.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i'm with 2.2L. you say this thread is for noobs, but you sound like a noob. I think you need to re-learn your info before you post it.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
MugenLX said:
i'm with 2.2L. you say this thread is for noobs, but you sound like a noob. I think you need to re-learn your info before you post it.
hey...Did you even read it?? i know what 2.2l said..i could careless on a stock bottem end type-r with some minor work and some SMALL stage 2 cranes i pushed 206 whp out of it with these methods you think u can do better hotshot?? do it...i'm 220+ with all the work i'm doing untuned and 13.60's off the gas..fuck off prick i'm the futhest thing from a noob, and if u dont have anything positive to add or say in this thread..dont come on here telling me i'm a guy that doesn't know what i'm talking about...

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
^^
your signature is too big

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
9400rpms said:
hey...Did you even read it?? i know what 2.2l said..i could careless on a stock bottem end type-r with some minor work and some SMALL stage 2 cranes i pushed 206 whp out of it with these methods you think u can do better hotshot?? do it...i'm 220+ with all the work i'm doing untuned and 13.60's off the gas..fuck off prick i'm the futhest thing from a noob, and if u dont have anything positive to add or say in this thread..dont come on here telling me i'm a guy that doesn't know what i'm talking about...
do you still thinking leaning out the motor is giving it more fuel and giving more power?
:fear

:idiots

here's a lesson for you:
advancing timing = leaning = taking out fuel
retarding timing = richening = adding fuel

and if you wanna argue with me about that, how bout you look into some manual and read what the ecu does when it gets a knock sensor CEL.
Just in case you dont want to look it up.......the ecu automatically retards the ignition timing (adds fuel) as a safeguard to detonation.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
13.6? wats that? a 1/4mi time? so what? who gives a shit? oooooo your motor can last for 15 second blasts WOW...how about tuning a motor that will withstand a REAL race on a ROAD COURSE...you know, being in the high rpms for hours at a time.

Reactions: antwn_5k

·
Registered
386 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
the only reason why i'm keeping this thread open is because it can bring open discussion from other tuners. it would be good to have a thread like this with a lot of different tuning philosophies so the car owner has an idea of what's out there :nod
This thread can/will/and is getting heated, but it's good because all of these these arguments bring out different aspects of tuning, and all the opinions (right or wrong) that go along with them. Could be informative for anyone who doesn't already know. Good choice ultra.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
13.6? wats that? a 1/4mi time? so what? who gives a shit? oooooo your motor can last for 15 second blasts WOW...how about tuning a motor that will withstand a REAL race on a ROAD COURSE...you know, being in the high rpms for hours at a time.
been there done that.. took 1st / 2nd 3 times in a row at a SCCA meet down here in baton rouge..the car's handled it..
i was 1st, and my buddy was 2nd, both using my car, this was in STS class...the first time my buddy and i took 1st in the novice class, never touching the track before and its on the sCCA website..both the fastest times of the day, then there were two other meets in zacarhy and baton rouge where i entered in the STS class and again we took first.. i was allowed in the SS Class and i took second..i was, one of the better newbie drivers out there..each day probably was about 4 - 5 hours long starting out at 9 and lasting under 1ish or 2ish..my car never saw anything below 6000 and was mostly in the 7-9 range..so ya..what else ya got?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
2.2L said:
do you still thinking leaning out the motor is giving it more fuel and giving more power?
:fear

:idiots

here's a lesson for you:
advancing timing = leaning = taking out fuel
retarding timing = richening = adding fuel

and if you wanna argue with me about that, how bout you look into some manual and read what the ecu does when it gets a knock sensor CEL.
Just in case you dont want to look it up.......the ecu automatically retards the ignition timing (adds fuel) as a safeguard to detonation.
I already know this...your mixing up my words..your a fucken asshole because your on this trip like ur someone special..i simpley said as you get high in the rpms..where your motor starts to get out of its eff range..you'll have to lean it out to keep in the correct AFT..your not goin to have the same fuel setup going into vtec then you would at 9200...

my motor's peak fuel on my Crome pro maps are around 6800rpms and it holds a good hump until around 7200-7300rpms..but as it starts to come down to maintain my 12.9-13.0 AFT at wot, i have to lean it out.. but on the dyno the car didn't stop making power until 8300rpms on the cranes...i was simpley tryin to state a good infofact..but you little pissy pricks wanna pick apart everything..this is a good basic howto..and if your dowing it your pretty fuck dumb..cause most of my low cam / igition tuning methods were helped along by import builders..so if you can do better then me..do so..otherwise..get the fuck off my nuts.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
if your car runs insanely rich..your too advanced and not making any power.. But if you start to run lean..your burning more fuel = your making more power..
How could i possibly get your words mixed up? I am an asshole at times. But only when someone gives out wrong information as if it is right. = you.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
2.2L said:
How could i possibly get your words mixed up? I am an asshole at times. But only when someone gives out wrong information as if it is right. = you.
you are an asshole.. in advancing the timing..

Read this right moron

when your fully tuned at 12.9 aft across the board and u go back to tune the igition if you advance it, and u start to lean out...it means advancing it is good..your burning more fuel, so add more fuel to where u advanced igition to compistate..if u start to go rich..that means u advanced it too much..

understand or, are you a oxymoron?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
9400rpms said:
you are an asshole.. in advancing the timing..

Read this right moron

when your fully tuned at 12.9 aft across the board and u go back to tune the igition if you advance it, and u start to lean out...it means advancing it is good..your burning more fuel, so add more fuel to where u advanced igition to compistate..if u start to go rich..that means u advanced it too much..

understand or, are you a oxymoron?

:lol, thanks...that gave me a good laugh. Nice try on the writeup tho, i give you A for effort.

·
Registered
12 Posts
damn all yall wanna do is knock on 9400 and tell him he wrong, if he is than post your opinion,it doesnt matter cuz its still an opinion,we always think were right until proven wrong so go ahead prove somthing ,tuning is a game of numbers there are parameters to be kept in mind when doing so for the engines sake.other than that tuners are always gonna do somthing different who cares about 2nd or 3rd gear pull its 30% throttle,right?explore the topic dont destroy it!haters!

·
Registered
699 Posts
1C9R9X1 said:
damn all yall wanna do is knock on 9400 and tell him he wrong, if he is than post your opinion,it doesnt matter cuz its still an opinion,we always think were right until proven wrong so go ahead prove somthing ,tuning is a game of numbers there are parameters to be kept in mind when doing so for the engines sake.other than that tuners are always gonna do somthing different who cares about 2nd or 3rd gear pull its 30% throttle,right?explore the topic dont destroy it!haters!
you rounded up this thread just to say that?

:bash

anyone who really understood tuning would know that a majority of what he was saying would lead someone to do something that was wrong even though i do sense that he was "trying" to say the right things.

this thread is dead and he said it himself that it was a shitty writeup so why bring this thread back to life.

im glad you decided to use the search feature, but damn.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
road.head said:
you rounded up this thread just to say that?

:bash

anyone who really understood tuning would know that a majority of what he was saying would lead someone to do something that was wrong even though i do sense that he was "trying" to say the right things.

this thread is dead and he said it himself that it was a shitty writeup so why bring this thread back to life.

im glad you decided to use the search feature, but damn.......

hhhmmmm search?neways i dont care if he is wrong or not all your able to say is blind leading blind with a period at the the end ,lets say we make it a comma and see what he is doing wrong,and please dont tell me"any tuner would know" what a b.s. line, cuz there are alot that dont. i would love to know more about tuning and im not talking about goals,actuall procedure,highs and lows ,good and bad . i dont expect to get through to you,which i know i wont so this is tha last time ill address your comments.im smart enough to know that i dont know everything.can you "sense" that.the reason the thread is dead is b/c instead of correctin him you say nonononononon,, most of that is wrong.oooookkkk,what part,why what can he do better?in that order?what is a better way?what is a easier way?theres alot of Qs that can follow up wether the write up is good or bad and all we can say is "wrong".wow.what a tuner! :hehe

·
Registered
699 Posts
1C9R9X1 said:
hhhmmmm search?neways i dont care if he is wrong or not all your able to say is blind leading blind with a period at the the end ,lets say we make it a comma and see what he is doing wrong,and please dont tell me"any tuner would know" what a b.s. line, cuz there are alot that dont. i would love to know more about tuning and im not talking about goals,actuall procedure,highs and lows ,good and bad . i dont expect to get through to you,which i know i wont so this is tha last time ill address your comments.im smart enough to know that i dont know everything.can you "sense" that.the reason the thread is dead is b/c instead of correctin him you say nonononononon,, most of that is wrong.oooookkkk,what part,why what can he do better?in that order?what is a better way?what is a easier way?theres alot of Qs that can follow up wether the write up is good or bad and all we can say is "wrong".wow.what a tuner! :hehe
u got to be kidding me dude. Every REAL tuner does know this stuff already, hince the reason why we told him no. AND we gave him reasons as to why we were saying no and gave him links to go places to learn how to do things the RIGHT way. There are guidelines that you follow with tuning, and if someone with no knowledge of tuning would have done what he said, they would end up with a shitty tune and likely blow the motor if tuning a turbo engine.

PLEASE read up on this stuff before arguing with someone who has REAL experience tuning and who knows the basics down pat about tuning.

are you like his butt buddy or something trying to save the day? Its not going to work.

do your own fucking research. I've done mine. :byye

btw, learn how to use paragraphs like you are taught in school. :tu

21 - 40 of 51 Posts