Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
road.head said:
u got to be kidding me dude. Every REAL tuner does know this stuff already, hince the reason why we told him no. AND we gave him reasons as to why we were saying no and gave him links to go places to learn how to do things the RIGHT way. There are guidelines that you follow with tuning, and if someone with no knowledge of tuning would have done what he said, they would end up with a shitty tune and likely blow the motor if tuning a turbo engine.

PLEASE read up on this stuff before arguing with someone who has REAL experience tuning and who knows the basics down pat about tuning.

are you like his butt buddy or something trying to save the day? Its not going to work.

do your own fucking research. I've done mine. :byye

btw, learn how to use paragraphs like you are taught in school. :tu

:sleep

·
Registered
699 Posts
1C9R9X1 said:
thats what i thought.

i also thought you werent going to post again. But then you cant post anything better than a smiley so you arent contributing to this thread either. Post something useful/ to the point for the thread or stfu. :byye

·
Registered
4 Posts
road.head said:
thats what i thought.

i also thought you werent going to post again. But then you cant post anything better than a smiley so you arent contributing to this thread either. Post something useful/ to the point for the thread or stfu. :byye
Say I was trying to learn a little about that interceptor before the topic went all to hell with ppl flaming each other. Well it would be nice if the parties did not curse so much, it is so unprofessional.

Okay screw that, here is my question, is there a Coolant Temp reading in the Crome pro to tell the tuner that he may need to get off the steady state tuning cells and let the car cool of a bit? When I tune on the AEM EMS there is a coolant and IAT that lets me know when the temps are high so I can let the car rest and dont push it beyond the limits while tuning.

Thanks,
Alberto

·
Registered
699 Posts
El Verdugo said:
Say I was trying to learn a little about that interceptor before the topic went all to hell with ppl flaming each other. Well it would be nice if the parties did not curse so much, it is so unprofessional.

Okay screw that, here is my question, is there a Coolant Temp reading in the Crome pro to tell the tuner that he may need to get off the steady state tuning cells and let the car cool of a bit? When I tune on the AEM EMS there is a coolant and IAT that lets me know when the temps are high so I can let the car rest and dont push it beyond the limits while tuning.

Thanks,
Alberto
those readouts allow you to use certain plugins in crome like IAT vs. Fuel compensation or ECT vs. Fuel compensation. You can scale your fuel to run the same in all intake air temperatures and coolant temperatures. This way you dont have to keep retuning the car when the season changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
road.head said:
those readouts allow you to use certain plugins in crome like IAT vs. Fuel compensation or ECT vs. Fuel compensation. You can scale your fuel to run the same in all intake air temperatures and coolant temperatures. This way you dont have to keep retuning the car when the season changes.
Thanks for the good tip ,just got home from the shop. Jay and I tuned a D16y, built motor, 750cc, 57trim on 22psi with Crome. Went well for the most part.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
This is why I just pay the 150 bucks it cost for bubba to chip (ecu) and tune my engine. He has years of experience under his belt and tuned litterally hundreds mabe thousands of b-series engines N/A, turbo, nitro you name it. Out of anything the most valueable thing when it comes to tuning is experience. He knows what works and what doesnt. He knows what makes engines blow up or run for over 200 thousand miles. I say if you can have someone whos life / career revolves around tuning tune your motor you'd be stupid to try and do it yourself. You will never get as good of a tune by doing it on the street vs a dyno. Once you get all your hardware situated you only need to tune it once. If I ever change anything i'd gladly pay the 100 bucks to have him re-tune it because your buying years of wisdom. Its like you break your arm and you know basic first aid. You know you can make a splint and take care of it yourself but it might be smarter to go to a doctor who does nothing but set broken bones for a living.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very well put, that is what you actually pay for when some one tunes your engine, the techniques and know how he/she has invested on getting the engine dialed in right.

As I read many book that deal with tuning, that seems to be the place most ppl spend the least amount of money in. The tuning aspect!

In the end that is difference btn having to rebuild because of granading a engine or running great numbers consistantly at your local drag strip.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
El Verdugo said:
Very well put, that is what you actually pay for when some one tunes your engine, the techniques and know how he/she has invested on getting the engine dialed in right.

As I read many book that deal with tuning, that seems to be the place most ppl spend the least amount of money in. The tuning aspect!

In the end that is difference btn having to rebuild because of granading a engine or running great numbers consistantly at your local drag strip.
Yep. I just saw a new SI today being worked on at a shop that needs to have the whole engine rebuilt due to bad tuning. Its got a JR supercharger and the guy tuned it way to rich and the rings went bad and scarred up all 4 pistons and cylinder walls. Then the gasoline in the blowby thinned out the oil and wrecked the crank / rods / bearings :eek Car only has 6500 miles on it aint that a bitch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
shaolin_style said:
Yep. I just saw a new SI today being worked on at a shop that needs to have the whole engine rebuilt due to bad tuning. Its got a JR supercharger and the guy tuned it way to rich and the rings went bad and scarred up all 4 pistons and cylinder walls. Then the gasoline in the blowby thinned out the oil and wrecked the crank / rods / bearings :eek Car only has 6500 miles on it aint that a bitch.
Only 6500 man that is ragic indeed.
My brother has a JRSC system in his 98GSR since '99 with a AEM EMS and a good street tune along with a J&S safeguard to keep the timing in check. He ran that engine till 2005 along with a CRV pulley to increase the psi levels to 11. So as you already know a good tune can go a long way. At the moment the car is in the shop having a timing belt getting changed and since we are doing that the SC is going to be shipped to get rebuilt. Also since we bought a DD Dyno 2 years ago we have had the change to tune the GSR a little more. I found out first hand that just like all the experienced tuners say, there is no substiture for a good dyno tune. Street tune can only get you so far. :hehe

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a Nice Blog, Thanks For sharing your knowledge!! I replaced my worn out car engine with a Used Acura Engine. Now my cars performance is very smooth. I bought this engine from Autoparts-miles.com one of the best site to buy Used car Engines online.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts