Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am putting a y8 head on ay7 block and using the y7 intake manifold. what would happen if i make the ports a lil bigger in my intake manifold? I have noticed the ports on the y8 head are huge compared to the y7. maybe if i widen the intake ports on manifold to match better results? opinions welcome.

·
Registered
478 Posts
2000cvclilbolls said:
so i am putting a y8 head on ay7 block and using the y7 intake manifold. what would happen if i make the ports a lil bigger in my intake manifold? I have noticed the ports on the y8 head are huge compared to the y7. maybe if i widen the intake ports on manifold to match better results? opinions welcome.

First: The intake manifold ports are bigger? you sure about that? I dont have one of the d16y casts, but as far as i knew the ports should be exactly the same as the D16y's are the same cast, just differing valve train.

Second: the D16y7 manifold

The problem is less about the runner shape/port diameter and more about Its problem from the lack of plenumn.
There are many ways you could theoritically improve on it, however its mostly a lost cause considering you can much easier swap to the d16y8's manifold with better results.

kudo's for usin the noggin tho man. =)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i kinda figured that. its just I work at a exhaust shop and thats where my car has been for the last 2 or 3 months while i have rounded up all the parts :clap and what not for this swap. i think maybe monday i may get to push it in and start on it after work. Man i gottaq tell yall i miss my damn car so bad you cant even imagine the suffering. I have had to drive the peice of ass cx hatch back d15b8 that i have been trying to peice together for my g/f.Its a 93 and she got it for 300 bucks with a blown head gasket. But it had no back seats no ac controlls the pgm fi main relay <fuel> took a shit when we replaced the head gasket no back seats etc.but i have done alot of fixing and still not but 850 wrapped up in the whole thing all together. a good buy in my eyes but none the less it is shit compared to my 2000 lx and when i get vtec look out speeding tickets here we come :D. right now i just wanted to see what else i can play around with.when i have the money i will get that edlebrock im and some injectors from the guru and a tb and stuff.but right now i dont have the money and ill be damn if im givin up my bay in the shop for a long time again to get another part. im still payin 330 a month for this car plus 220 a month for insurance. and i fucked it up and cant drive it. I suck. One more time I cant wait to have my damn car back.thanks for the info and sorry for blabbing i just am excited.

·
Registered
425 Posts
4dr said:
First: The intake manifold ports are bigger? you sure about that? I dont have one of the d16y casts, but as far as i knew the ports should be exactly the same as the D16y's are the same cast, just differing valve train.

Second: the D16y7 manifold

The problem is less about the runner shape/port diameter and more about Its problem from the lack of plenumn.
There are many ways you could theoritically improve on it, however its mostly a lost cause considering you can much easier swap to the d16y8's manifold with better results.

kudo's for usin the noggin tho man. =)
:stupid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.