Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 1992 Prelude Si 5 spd and i was wondering how to get the damn door panels off of it i want to replace the speakers in them and any suggestions on where to put them.. i was thinking somwhere in the door panels next to the speakers maybe but idk.. plz help.. ;)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:lol2 sorry guys i was asking about the TWEETERS on where to put them lol my bad...............

·
Registered
665 Posts
put them on the top left of the door. take ur time and properly cut circles for them and make it look clean. i would reccommend a DREMEL to make the suts. remember, make the short slightly smaller than the speaker so u cant see the cut or abrasions in the plastic from the cuts. i would reccommdn MB quart tweeters, theyre the best, with an MB quart crossover. this actually belongs in the audio section but whatever, its a prelude question. fair game in my book.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
you already have tweeters, no need for holes in your door panels for, what will most likely come out as ghetto looking, aftermarket tweeters

·
Registered
296 Posts
if u r gonna replace the tweeters, just put em where your stock ones are...behind the dash, on the tweeter covers....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to know how to get the door panels off or do the little cloth things come of where the speaker is.. how to get it off...........................???

·
Registered
333 Posts
Prelude92Si said:
I need to know how to get the door panels off or do the little cloth things come of where the speaker is.. how to get it off...........................???
Unscrew the recess in the side of the door (where you put your hand in to close the door). Unscrew the door opening lever and pull out the plastic insert. Along the sides of the vinyl covering (towads the door jamb and the hinges) there are a couple more screws. Once you have found all the screws, gently pull up the door panel from the underside, there are clips holding the rest of the panel in place.
When you have the panel loose, unclip the wiring harness to the windows etc and pull the panel off by lifting it up vertically.
The stock speakers are screwed into the door metalwork itself 6.5 Inch speakers. I will put my cock on a block by telling you that any aftermarket speakers you install will require drilling new holes!
When you reassemble the panel, just reverse the above procedure.
I have used some silicone sealant in the past to re-attatch the plastic weatherproofing to the door....
Best 'o luck to ya... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.