Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B4 I order the AEM Pulley for my 97 Lude,

to anyone who has it on his Lude,

does it help on revs? power? under the value of $90~100 USD ???

please help me~
I don't want to get nothing to my Lude after I invest $100USD to make it faster.

· Registered
652 Posts
I got those on my car....... and to tell you the truth you won't even notice any power gains... what did you expect from a $100 mod? ...... Better save your money up for something else........

· Registered
2,368 Posts
i didnt notice a big difference, BUT Spanishricer with a 5th gen lude, dynoed before and after with them and he got a 7-9hp gain after the vtec engagement and up. youre lights will be slightly dimmer as well as all your dash/cd player lights. i didnt notice a difference, but i also installed them in the rain, so it was hard for me to tell with a before and after test drive.

they look nice.... maybe they give a gain, its hard to tell on teh butt dyno.

peace

· Registered
128 Posts
I got them and I noticed a little gain. The car is more responsive in the higher rpms but I didn't notice the lights being dimmer or anything. I got aftermarket bulbs anyway so I guess I just couldn't tell...:p

· Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah, I dynoed a steady 7-9hp gain after VTEC engagement with the pullies installed. Just don't expect to be thrown back into your seat after you install a set. The extra power is there, but as wutangben put it, the butt dyno isn't going to register too much of a difference. Definately a great mod for the money though.

· Registered
293 Posts
I did some research on them cuz i been looking for them as well. I havent heard anything bad about them except dimming lights, slower windows and maybe not as cold AC, but some dont experience those. I heard it's a great mod if u have a SS lude though, i mean it's a $100 mod it's not going to make u hella fast but give u something out of it, haha, well gluck

· Registered
2,368 Posts
SpanishRicer said:
Yeah, I dynoed a steady 7-9hp gain after VTEC engagement with the pullies installed. Just don't expect to be thrown back into your seat after you install a set. The extra power is there, but as wutangben put it, the butt dyno isn't going to register too much of a difference. Definately a great mod for the money though.
im still skeptical, thats a crazy gain...

· Registered
21,276 Posts
ive got the pulleys on my 98 ss. I noticed a big difference in power. But you want really notice it until you hit vtec or the high rpms. with the pulleys on there my vtec kicks in real hard now.

· Registered
4,134 Posts
well worth it imo..........gained my low end back that my cai took away.......

· Registered
63 Posts
prelude4u304 said:
I did some research on them cuz i been looking for them as well. I havent heard anything bad about them except dimming lights, slower windows and maybe not as cold AC, but some dont experience those. I heard it's a great mod if u have a SS lude though, i mean it's a $100 mod it's not going to make u hella fast but give u something out of it, haha, well gluck
Voltage will drop, it's a given when you install the pulleys. It's just that some cars might be idling higher than others that is why it is not as noticable. I just raised the idle on my car.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thx for all u guys giving me oppions....

I knew $100 mod couldn't help a lot on making much power...

I just wanna know if it is valuable to spend $100 to put the pulleys onto my Lude..

anyway...thx for helping me..

by the way..
the AEM pulleys is sold for $300 CDN in Vancouver..
I am wondering how much it is in states?
I couldn't see any price or dealers on AEM webs,
where can I get the best deal on pricing on net??

thank u~

· Registered
4,134 Posts
a-dai said:
thx for all u guys giving me oppions....

by the way..
the AEM pulleys is sold for $300 CDN in Vancouver..
I am wondering how much it is in states?
I couldn't see any price or dealers on AEM webs,
where can I get the best deal on pricing on net??

thank u~
roughly 130-150 shipped

· Registered
123 Posts
i have had the aem pullies on my 96 si for about to years now..felt a difference in low end power.. not soo long ago i was running my a/c and radio in south Fl african heat and my car bogged out and needed to feed some gas to keep it runnin at a stop light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.