Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just learning to ride and i'm getting pretty good at it. i was just wondering what is the main cause of people dropping their bike? it doesnt seem that easy to drop a bike to me.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
gravel or sand on a paved road= might as well be ice , ppl with too much confidence, pure accident, cold tires, bad brake/throttle control, unexpected circumstances, other jackass drivers, etc, etc....... theres many many reasons that ppl drop bikes

·
Registered
336 Posts
It doesn't seem easy to it happens to you. I just layed my bike down on friday, some jackass in front of me slammed on their brakes to let someone out of a parking lot. It took all of 1 second and i was on the pavement watching my bike slide down the road. Front tire locked up on me and went down. It definitely sucks but it is a risk you take when riding. My injuries are minor couple of scrapes and my leg hurts. Bike is okay thanks to my frame sliders, just need a mirror and blinker and i am good to go. Well back to laying it down it will happen when least expect it. Just wear your gear bikes can be fixed a lot easier then you.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
acinteg94 said:
It doesn't seem easy to it happens to you. I just layed my bike down on friday, some jackass in front of me slammed on their brakes to let someone out of a parking lot. It took all of 1 second and i was on the pavement watching my bike slide down the road. Front tire locked up on me and went down. It definitely sucks but it is a risk you take when riding. My injuries are minor couple of scrapes and my leg hurts. Bike is okay thanks to my frame sliders, just need a mirror and blinker and i am good to go. Well back to laying it down it will happen when least expect it. Just wear your gear bikes can be fixed a lot easier then you.

Sounds like you were following too close or going too fast.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i was not following that close and was going about 35, something just didn't feel right about the bike, it was the first time using the brake that ride and i had to hit it hard. Road was cold also just wasn't a good day but i am still here and so is my bike to ride another day.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Anomoly said:
gravel or sand on a paved road= might as well be ice , ppl with too much confidence, pure accident, cold tires, bad brake/throttle control, unexpected circumstances, other jackass drivers, etc, etc....... theres many many reasons that ppl drop bikes

:stupid

There are just too many things that can happen to cause you to lay your bike down. The only thing you can do is prepare yourself for the ride. Always ride with a clear head, never when something is bothering you. :noo

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I can't ride too long in cold weather. I don't care how many layers I put on I still feel like my thighs and upper arms are going to freeze and fall off.

It's easy to dump it, you can't know what's going to happen. Best thing is to be prepared for anything and everything. Sometimes that isn't even enough.

Best thing you can do now is fix it, and yourself, and live to ride another day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.