Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i know when you do a auto to manual conversion you need to cut something or whatever on the civic to make it work...but my question is if i get the b16 for my 98 civic with complete change over ( including 5 speed trans ) am i going to need to still cut something in order to make it fit or is it just a simple bolt in

·
Registered
542 Posts
You need the manual civic Si motor mounts and the rear tranny mounts. Other than the mounts I belive its a straight swap.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay thanks, im not doing this til spring but i figure i might learn as much as possible in the mean time

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already have sohc vtec, it blows....saturns can beat me buahaha..and i wanna get rid of this damn auto

·
Registered
218 Posts
my buddies stock 95 saturn sc2 beat a vw gti 1.8t.... they're quick little DOHC cars. Everyone thinks jsut cuz they're plastic they're toys... i dont like em.. but i have to admit.. they are quick and the gearing in the 95 5-speeds is sweet.

anyways.... im looking into doing the same swap.. but i dont have the money to do the b16 yet. Having a quick SOHC engine can be fun, just run a turbo or something... NOS, who cares, most forced induction will make even the auto SOHC's as quick as a b16a2.... I think.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hm bah who knows i change my mind everyday..but im heavily leaning towards a b16 or b18c...er mabye ill screw that whole idea and buy an ATV instead haa i can NEVER make up my mind but i thought since im thinking about doing a swap i might as well gain some knowledge in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts