Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i have a chance to buy a 96 black integra with 85k original miles on the motor. everything inside and out is in excellent condition, except for the paint on the front bumper is peeling off. also it is a salvage title, but it looks and drives fantastic.

the guy is asking $4800 for the car. should i get the car, or should i try to talk him down? i'm pretty sure it's that high because the motor has really low miles compared to the other cars i've seen. it's a salvage title, but i'm not really looking to resell the car.

what do you guys think?

P.S. for some reason, people in oregon sell hondas more expensive than other states, i don't really know why...people still try to sell their 90-93 integs w/ 140k miles on the motor for $3500 crazy huh?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cuz they offered to lower the price first to 4800, so i don't know if i have the heart to butcher them further...haha...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ok well is this a private owner or a car lot? Not too bad of a price but is a salvage title...why? Theft recovery? flood? who knows? Get a car fax report on it. Motor was replaced? Any paperwork? What's the engine code? (you want to know what they replaced it with.) Now I'm confused as to why they would automatically lower the price. hmm When I sell something I'm usaully trying to get as much as possible. Any other questions?

·
Registered
578 Posts
id say about 4gs max that salvage title hurts the value alot.. and why is it salvage ( prob wrecked) need to see if you can find out why..

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I dont think tan interior is that bad, thats a lot for a salvage title unless its got some mods

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
tegggy said:
Ok well is this a private owner or a car lot? Not too bad of a price but is a salvage title...why? Theft recovery? flood? who knows? Get a car fax report on it. Motor was replaced? Any paperwork? What's the engine code? (you want to know what they replaced it with.) Now I'm confused as to why they would automatically lower the price. hmm When I sell something I'm usaully trying to get as much as possible. Any other questions?

if the car has the original motor and it was flood damaged, forget about it...

if it was wrecked and there is frame damage, or even the potential for frame damage, forget about it....

salvage titles are worthless unless its theft recovery and you know the exact circumstances...

MODS DO NOT INCREASE VALUE.... that is why people sell them seperately from the car... $4800 is way too much for this car

·
Registered
28 Posts
i say just forget about it. when i was car shopping i just ruled out the whole thing of salvaged cars cuz its too much of a hassle. might as well just buy the right car the first time for more money.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Too much for a salvaged title, just my opinion.
yeah i wouldnt pay more thatn 4K where im from. Maybe if it was a 98+.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
i payed 4800 for my gsr, it wasent the greatest deal, but it was completely stock and in almost perfect condition, minus the salvage title from wreck, frame was damaged, they replaced the headers, radiator, bumper, and a fender...i think..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts