Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have had two 94 Accords, so I know about the Service bulletin for these on tightening the bolts. I had that done and the ABS light is still on.

On my last one, I got the brakes done once and had the brake system flushed. Ironically the ABS light went off for a good few months.

So I tried it out with this one, and no such luck. That was about a year ago. I am now about to sell the car and the ABS light is my only hold up on this car that I would like to get fixed. (of course without spending a bunch of $$ on it)

So the way I see it, my options are-

1. try the brake system flush again to see if that works
2. find a way to disable the ABS light. - I know this isn't a moral solution, but it is an option right? How hard is it to disable that light?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wing said:
explain service bulliten on tightening bolts,the light came on my old 95 an it was a low abs reservoir just refilled it and reset computer.
luck
Sorry I don't know the Service Bulletin # But I know I found it on the web somewhere and printed it out once. Go looking at websites that report Recalls and Service Bulletins.

Just so you know..
A recall is where the manufacturer will cover the cost and is only for safety concerns that could be dangerous. A Service Bulletin is for an FYI basically and the owner covers the cost. -many argued that this should have been a recall, but it never happened.

Now the S.B. for my car (not sure if '95 too or not) was that there were some bolts that weren't torqued down tight enough and caused a slow leak from the ABS. You can usually see some dried up fluid from a couple of them. Flusing the system and adding fluid will only make it work for a while until the fluid leaks out again and BOOM- your light is back on.

While you are at it also check the Recalls. There is one for the 94 (not sure about 95) where there is a seal that comes out holding your oil in. If the modified retainer is not put on, you run the risk of dumping all of your oil at a stop light or something and really screwing up the engine. I had that done of course since it is free.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
hobiecatter said:
Ok, I will try that out. Thanks for the idea. So I just remove the wheels and how do I locate the sensors? Do I need to take them out or something?
remove the wheel. the sensor are located on the inside of the hubs. they read the notches on the outer cv axle boot. it looks like gear teeth wrapping around the cv axle boot. and once you see the notches, the sensor should be easy to locate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.