Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is something wrong with my ABS if it engages at a 5mph stop? I was in a parking lot going 5mph and braking for a speed bump when my ABS engaged. Happened several times since then. ABS still works during hard braking because I slammed my brakes going 60mph and it engaged properly. I don't know why it goes on at 5 though. The ABS light isn't on either.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Im thinking that the ABS system on my 5th gen is pretty damned sensitive myself. Ive been braking hard at high speeds and been damn near to a complete stop, when i hit a nice bump or pothole, which engaged the ABS. But in my case its not the hard ABS clapping like when doing a 60-0. But more like when the ABS set/checks itself when you first start up and drive 10 ft.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
MacTown said:
Im thinking that the ABS system on my 5th gen is pretty damned sensitive myself. Ive been braking hard at high speeds and been damn near to a complete stop, when i hit a nice bump or pothole, which engaged the ABS. But in my case its not the hard ABS clapping like when doing a 60-0. But more like when the ABS set/checks itself when you first start up and drive 10 ft.
a bump or pothole should set the abs off if your tires slipped into the hole (which could very well happen if you were braking, b/c if your tire doesnt have its full contact patch on the road, ie: half in a pothole, it will stop due to the weight of the car not being on it for that split second. then the abs does its job)

as for the thread starter... i dunno lol

·
Registered
701 Posts
MacTown said:
Well isnt that just brilliant!

easy fix... plus i hate abs... i have since my truck before my lude... it was diffective/super sensitive.. like basicly i almost got in 50000 accidents cuz it wouldnt let me brake properly.. same problem with the lude.. since i took it out i havent had a problem.

but incase u want a real fix.. my friend was having the same problem on his truck.. he sayd the sensors were dirty and doesnt matter if u clean them. as soon as it rains and they get wet they will do it again. thats why i took the fuse out of mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.