Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Does it go on every time about 60 seconds from when you turn on the car? If you start your car and go near the driver's side of the engine bay, do you hear a buzzing noise?

It sounds to me like your accumulator/modulator assembly has gone bad, and cant pressurize the system any more. I had the same problem with my car. The ABS systems are known to fail on 94-97 accords as well as 94-96 integras as well. Some earlier honda odyssey's use the same assembly too.
If you can find one at a junkyard that isnt too beat up you can swap it out. My mechanic was able to find me one for dirt cheap and I was able ot replace mine :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ABS

Thanks fellas, I checked the fluids and all looks good....The symptoms are right on the money, 60 secs after startup as well as the buzzing noise. I'll hunt around for the accumulator/modulator assembly.. BIG MAHALO for the help!

Rich

sam_jy said:
Does it go on every time about 60 seconds from when you turn on the car? If you start your car and go near the driver's side of the engine bay, do you hear a buzzing noise?

It sounds to me like your accumulator/modulator assembly has gone bad, and cant pressurize the system any more. I had the same problem with my car. The ABS systems are known to fail on 94-97 accords as well as 94-96 integras as well. Some earlier honda odyssey's use the same assembly too.
If you can find one at a junkyard that isnt too beat up you can swap it out. My mechanic was able to find me one for dirt cheap and I was able ot replace mine :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
check abs level and also bleed it... there is usually a leak right underneath but that whole deal is about 1k just for parts....ouch... unless you go to used parts place.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.