Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what i have to do to remove the abs from a 94 gsr. I have no need for it. It doesn't work anyway. Just wondering if anything knows if it needs blocked off or rerouted or anything like that. I've never really paid any attention to where all the lines run. Just wanna get a rough estimate of the work that lie's ahead. Thanks

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
mugenteggy said:
does anyone know what i have to do to remove the abs from a 94 gsr. I have no need for it. It doesn't work anyway. Just wondering if anything knows if it needs blocked off or rerouted or anything like that. I've never really paid any attention to where all the lines run. Just wanna get a rough estimate of the work that lie's ahead. Thanks
im pretty sure one of those repair manuals (helm, chilton etc) will have diagrams and make the job really easy. :btu theyre cheap too, like 15 bucks for my chilton.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
what would be the advantages of removing ABS? i dont think it weighs that much, but i could be wrong.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
pedrone said:
my teg doesnt have abs and everytime it rains im scared to death that im gonna lock up and spin outta control....i say keep it.
word, my g/f's nissan doesnt have abs and I had to stop really quick at a stop sign i didnt see in the rain and i slid thru a very busy intersection. It was so fucking scary.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
ive had my ABS come on a couple of times. i would keep it if i were you. my sister's corolla doesnt have ABS and that thing is scary in the rain. if you wanna lock up, just pull the ebrake.

·
Registered
610 Posts
druuuu said:
what would be the advantages of removing ABS? i dont think it weighs that much, but i could be wrong.
Professional drivers don't like it... it takes control away from them and gives it to the car's computer. When the STI was taken out by real rally drivers, many of them only had the complaint that the ABS couldn't be turned off. Of course, I'd recommend the rest of us keep it turned on for street use. Even on our best days, we can still forget to think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.