Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will removing the ac belt allow more power/ faster rev. i know it would reduce parastatic drag but im not sure if its worth the time and effort, i tried google and no direct answers. i know removing the whole system will reduce weight. but im just wondering about just taking the belt off. i dont use the ac anyhow. as a side note i know there is a clutch system to disengage the pully but still...

b.t.w inform me of any interesting threads i missed out on, i havent had my laptop for a week or so.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I wouldnt bother unless you plan on removing the whole system, its only 5-10hp, depending on condition of motor. Silly man, its an SUV, keep its luxury indoor winter :lol

· Registered
10,346 Posts
and check for the "worlds biggest tool" thread, I started it a whiole ago, but its worth a read. its hosted on the mitsu forums, but ocvers this D bags "mad tyte skilzzz" with a file and welder, plus huge power with 35 psi and a staggering 385hp :lol on an eclipse

· Registered
20,101 Posts
I wouldnt bother unless you plan on removing the whole system, its only 5-10hp, depending on condition of motor. Silly man, its an SUV, keep its luxury indoor winter :lol
the really retarded thing about people who disable perfectly fine ac systems is that it only eats hp when the ac is on, so instead of removing the belt, all you have to do is not use it

to me not turning a knob or not pressing a button is 20 times easier than removing a belt

if you think removing the ac belt is going to save you hp, then you better remove any tensioner and or idler pulleys because thats all an ac pump is when the ac is off

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Yeah, I forgot the AC is clutched. What atistang says is truth :btu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.