Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for some odd reason my fan for my heating & cooling isn't working, with the fan on 4, I don't get anything blowing threw unless I am really moving down the road quickly. I noticed if I turn on the circulation button.. even if I am moving, the blowing stops completely. Has anyone experienced this before? It's waaay to hot to be riding around without air :noo Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get it fixed soon :clap

·
Registered
325 Posts
LyghtFunky1 said:
So, for some odd reason my fan for my heating & cooling isn't working, with the fan on 4, I don't get anything blowing threw unless I am really moving down the road quickly. I noticed if I turn on the circulation button.. even if I am moving, the blowing stops completely. Has anyone experienced this before? It's waaay to hot to be riding around without air :noo Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get it fixed soon :clap
Pull out the blower motor and test it, its right under the passenger side of the dash, take out the 3 screws, unplug it and use jumper wires from your battery to the blower motor, if it runs its good, if not replace. make sure you got a hold on it when you jump it they actually have a tad of torque.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
ultimatebravo said:
Pull out the blower motor and test it, its right under the passenger side of the dash, take out the 3 screws, unplug it and use jumper wires from your battery to the blower motor, if it runs its good, if not replace. make sure you got a hold on it when you jump it they actually have a tad of torque.
checking fuses would be a more simple and cheap fix if it is all thats wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A/C not blowing on all settings

I had a problem with my A/C blower motor. First it started making noise and then I lost the ability to use the 1st and 2nd settings for the fan. Then it started making noise on the 3rd and 4th settings. So I paid the $60 bucks and replaced the blower motor. Well, it doesn't make noise anymore, but it still only works on the 3rd and 4th setting, the first and second will NOT blow out any air.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? I own a 1997 Honda Civic LX.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
ladyjay.. look into the resistor.. that has something to do with the fan not working at all on pos 1,2,3.. if the fan works on Pos. 4, the resistor is not part of pos 4 and would/should work on that position

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
ladyjay.. look into the resistor.. that has something to do with the fan not working at all on pos 1,2,3.. if the fan works on Pos. 4, the resistor is not part of pos 4 and would/should work on that position

x2

the resistor lowers current for fan speed on 1 2 and 3. 4 is powered directly past the resistor portion. so replace the blower motor resistor and it should be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.