Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 98 integra ls sedan w/ AEM CAI

first:
my ac has a whistling noise coming from it when the compressor kicks in...

ive recharged recently(at home kit)..it still gets cold..but that noise bugs me...its quick (maybe 60seconds)...

any ideas on whats wrong?

second:
and Im looking into getting some exhaust work done(muffler/new pipe only)..ive got a CAI and stock exhaust i know is very restricting..but i want something NON FART CAN and not too throaty...i was thinking magnaflow..i want the best for my car though..just not crappy sounding.

whats quiter straight through or chambered?

what about flowmaster? magnaflow? anyone got a soundclips of them on an LS?

any other suggestions are well loved too..

.my budget is about $250 or less INSTALLED!

thanks in advance for help!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Chambered is quiter given everything else is the same. resonators will quiet it down too. But, you cant get a good exhaust for 250. try ebay or something or save a couple hundred more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can get a magnaflow or flowmaster installed for $150..thats why i asked :p

whats with the "twin loop"?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and yes im just doing muffler. and MAYBE new piping..but i doubt it..

im looking at magnaflow Universal chambered or straight through..

or flowmaster...my uncle put a flowmaster for trucks on his 04 civic se.it sounds excelllllent!

·
Registered
265 Posts
get a rs-r it doesnt get any quieter than that and they good not the normal rice can look

·
Registered
71 Posts
remember reading somewhere.... if we try to put straight through exhausts on our hondas, it makes it sound like a lawnmower as to where on subarus they sound like wwII fighter planes. chambered is definitely more quieter. if you're looking for something that's affordable, magnaflow would be the way to go. ive heard with the stock piping and a good magnaflow muffler it gives a g35ish roar. if you got some more money, the apexi world sport wont let you down. but if you got some serious cash flow id prefer the mugen twin loop :rolleyes, but that's just me lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.