Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if anyone tried anying with the new Accords. Also what is the engine series Like the Accord is f22 and the prelude is H22. Is it the same f22. Also I am looking to buy and accord but want to know if there are any engines I can put in it was thinking of the RSX 210hp but i don't know if the header is the same way.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if you want a fast 05 accord, why not just get the av6 w/ 6spd? it's not worth getting a brand new i4 05 and doing a motorswap for only 210hp. the cost of doing such a swap will get you into the price range of a brand new av6 6spd.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your right but 6 spd would be nice don't have any road to get to six gear but do you know the series the engine is. I knw the cost is right up there just wanted to know if it runs the same platform as the RSX or the Si

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Both Worlds said:
your right but 6 spd would be nice don't have any road to get to six gear but do you know the series the engine is
Engine code is on the engine block itself.
Come on man, put some effort into this, look around, run a few searches here on superhonda, look on honda's website and on a few other boards.
Dont be lazy in your endeaver to learn more about cards and motor swaps.....especially swaps......geebus.... swaps take lots of homework and effort till you get used to them. Break out the books and lets get reading.....and by the way if you do happen to swap the RSX motor into your accord you will be VERY pissed when you find out that a stock accord beats you off the line. The RSX motor, is for lighter cars not a heavy ass accord.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have an 04 Accord with an I4. Just for your information the engine code is K24A4. Here's my advise. Keep the engine and wait until Jackson Racing or HKS has a supercharger kit for it. I don't care what anybody else says, I truly believe that the tuning possibilities for this engine are limitless. It's lower compression, so it will tolerate boost well, and stock it's pretty powerful. Just give it a while, good high performance parts will be available soon. Swaping in an H22 would be a waste of time and cash on this car. Dollar per horsepower gain it would be a bad decision. Thats my $.02.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
swaps i do them on the Honda site it doesn say but thank you I got the information I needed it was a question because I am going to be helping Supoer Street crew on a car thats going to be featured in there magazine. Oh yea I did search sir. Sorry for asking my question!

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the k24a4 is the WORST motor for tuning....even w/ some sort of forced induction. the motor is made for fuel economy....even more so than the f22 vtec!

and what do you mean there's no roads for 6gears? i bet you can do 40mph in 6th just like how i can do 35 in 5th.

·
Registered
772 Posts
yup, i have a I4 accord from 2003. buying this car and putting in another engine, especially a k20 is probably the most retarded idea i have ever heard. i would have to think hard to get a more retarded idea. if you really want more power get a V6 6 speed. like the guys said earlier, wait for the SC even. and before you start a new thread search a little bit. go to any car website and youll find out all the info on what kind of engine it is.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
wtf, you're gonna help superstreet w/ a feature and you can't even type english correctly? :confused

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
wtf, you're gonna help superstreet w/ a feature and you can't even type english correctly? :confused
Read this again.

Learn proper english and grammAr. :eek
Then STOP being so gosh damned lazy and look around on superhonda and other import sites for information.
If you post stupid crap about doing a car for superstreet but yet you cannot formulate a sentence that makes sense then why would we take you seriously.
You obviously have NOT searched enough, nor seem to put any effort forth to learn. There is no initiative so why would we be all nice to you.

Respect is earned, not given..........and for future reference, everyone on superhonda is a "punching bag" at some point or another. It's a fact of this site or any other site. Not everyone will like your ideas but deal with it and move on.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Both Worlds said:
swaps i do them on the Honda site it doesn say but thank you I got the information I needed it was a question because I am going to be helping Supoer Street crew on a car thats going to be featured in there magazine. Oh yea I did search sir. Sorry for asking my question!
At this point we should have locked and/or deleted this thread.
I truly do not beleive that Super street would take in someone as incompetant as this and I would hate to see the import world tarnished by some poser who trys to learn his shit on the fly.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Both Worlds said:
lol ok sir its a retarded idea appreciate it so any other engines you all would recommend. I will not put any out there. Don't want my ideas to be retarded.
i would recommend the accord euro R K24. now that would be sweet. if you have enough money then go for it. then let me drive it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
seriously, don't mod a car that new. Either ride out the warrantees or buy and older vehicle and use the monitary difference to fund the modifications.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Dennis316 said:
i would recommend the accord euro R K24. now that would be sweet. if you have enough money then go for it. then let me drive it.
the euro r has a k20 variant.

the tsx has a higher performance k24

type r motors are known for their high output, high revving motors....the k24 can't be made to rev that high because the stroke is way too long and would cause problems in the upper rpm range.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.