Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pair of Diablo LionHart Rims. I noticed the rub when i hit big potholes. Rim Specs: 19*8, Offset 40. Everyone is telling me to "roll the back fenders" or to shave them. Any suggestions on what i can or should do to stop the rubbing? Thank you in advance.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if it's similar to the four cylinders, 8" is a bit too wide for a 19" rim. the only solutions are to raise the rear up a bit and stiffen the rear spring and damping (i doubt that you have that ability since 19" means you're not after performance)...or like what you've mentioned, rolling the fenders. another option would be to get some fender flares and cut the stock body up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got fenders shaved

Hey Guys, i just got the fenders shaved and its a lot better but still rubs minor (only back tires rub). Someone was telling me to take my car to a shop and tell them to install "lifters" on the back shocks. From his explanation lifters go on the shocks and lift the car a small bit and absorbs some of the shock. Has anyone heard of this or something similer because its new to me. Or are their any other suggests because i really do not want to put fender flares i think that looks wack plus ill have to re-paint the car. I was thinking to get new stiffer shocks for the back or will i just be wasting my time?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
re: Ultra..Widebody?

Can you explain what you mean when you say widebody because this is not the first time i heard that. What modifications would be made to the car to become widebody?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
exactly what it sounds like

compare my car in my signature to this one:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 18's and I lowered it 2 inches. Thus, my camber is off in the back and they clear everytime. You don't want to raise it though, that's a no-no. It may sound stupid, but lower it about an inch and you won't have any clearance issues (your slight neg camber will send your tire in under the fender when you hit bumps). GL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts