Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, i drove my friend's frontier, and he had a blue broadway mirror. And looking into it, i realized how big of a difference it made on my blind spots, etc...

Anyone have one for their cars??? I was looking on ebay and I saw several links, there are some that's blue, and some that's clear and 2x brightness. Also, what size should I get. They range from 240-320. My friend has a 320MM on his truck, but htat's a truck. What size should I get for my accord??

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was looking into the same thing, I can't decided whether I want 300mm 2x bright, or 270mm blue tint. I thik the blue tint might look retarded though, and my wondows will be getting tinted soon so 2x bright might be the way to go

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have a 300mm one. It's just the right size for me. I have it off center on the mirror so that the passenger can still use the visor. I never use my visor anyways so I don't mind it. I can't imagine not having a nice large mirror anymore.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
on my 4th gen i had a 320... couldn't fit visors worth shit... but still loved it... went out and bought a 300 for my 6th gen not expecting the visors to fit again.. but this time they did... almost perfectly 300 mm for 6th gen is da way to go... blue vs klear is a matter of preference i like the klear better

·
Registered
160 Posts
I 've had the the 300mm joint for 3yrs and I wouldn't drive w/o it! I got it because the rear A pillar on my old 5th gen coupe was terrible and I always had to turn my head. After the broadway, I can see the everything and can concentrate on the things in front of me. I like it so much I couln't wait to put it in my sedan.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kleankord said:
on my 4th gen i had a 320... couldn't fit visors worth shit... but still loved it... went out and bought a 300 for my 6th gen not expecting the visors to fit again.. but this time they did... almost perfectly 300 mm for 6th gen is da way to go... blue vs klear is a matter of preference i like the klear better
So, i'm assuming a 300MM would be perfect for my AV6??? can anyone back it up?? i just wanna make sure, i hate to look forward on buying something and for it not fitting, it's really frustrating.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
if you even have a remotely big system beware of the broadway mirrors, it adds enough weight to the mirror and made it so I've snapped 4 mirrors so far, they snap right at the stalk. I just broke another one yesterday without even having a broadway on when I was testing out this :D

(yes I know I have no trunk, and the port hole is ugly, it's just a temp box, I wanted to hear how a pair of ported solobarics sounded in my car, and I love it, not bad for a $50 box and an hour worth of install time, snapped the mirror on the first bass note :D)

·
Registered
127 Posts
illusion said:
if you even have a remotely big system beware of the broadway mirrors, it adds enough weight to the mirror and made it so I've snapped 4 mirrors so far, they snap right at the stalk. I just broke another one yesterday without even having a broadway on when I was testing out this :D

(yes I know I have no trunk, and the port hole is ugly, it's just a temp box, I wanted to hear how a pair of ported solobarics sounded in my car, and I love it, not bad for a $50 box and an hour worth of install time, snapped the mirror on the first bass note :D)

:eek2: OMG....seriously, that sorta bass can't be too good for you. I can't begin to fathom the kind of migranes u must have...hehehe. Good point though, for those with systems, should really consider smaller, lighter mirrors.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmmm...... isn't that sort of bass bad for your car?? i have a feeeling that the bolts and nuts are slowly falling apart

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no no no absolutely not, it's really effective and it really is a great mod, i think i'm going to go for it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.