Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2003 Honda Accord Concept Coupe
With the debut of the completely redesigned 2003 Honda Accord comes a new realm of possibilities for customization. Envisioned and customized by Honda, the 2003 Honda Accord Concept Coupe exemplifies a new direction for a platform that has traditionally been among the most popular in the industry to modify. Now with an available 240-horsepower V-6 engine and a six-speed manual transmission, the performance demeanor of the Accord has increased to a new level. The Accord Concept Coupe goes a few steps further and strives to integrate useful modifications that give it even more horsepower, lower curb weight, increase handling performance, and improve acceleration and braking to practically race-ready levels.

Powertrain / Chassis Modifications: High-flow intake and exhaust, 300-horsepower 3.2-liter V-6 engine, limited slip differential, semi-manual 6-speed transmission, prototype 8-piston Brembo brakes, lowered racing suspension and widened track. Exterior Modifications: Carbon fiber body kit (includes bumpers, side sills, grill and underbody diffuser), dual aluminum integrated exhaust ports, aluminum/carbon fiber rear wing, black chrome finish headlights and taillights, 20-inch black chrome wheels, Bridgestone Potenza S03 235/45 ZR20 tires, fender flares and NSX Spa Yellow paint. Interior Modifications: F1-style paddle shifter on steering wheel, prototype multifunction meter display with on-board diagnostics, Sparco carbon/Kevlar backed bucket seats covered in Alcantera suede, 4-point front seat harnesses, three-spoke racing steering wheel, and aluminum sport pedals.

can this be true? when does it come out?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
i've seen those around already.....they never tuned the engine that crazy though....they made the kit and used the same paint and everything.....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really? i've never seen one around in colorado, ralph schomp up here has a few "custom showcar" accords, runnin at 38k but nothing like the accord concept. how much do those run? that would be awesome 300hp stock

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
ahhh-im not that crazy about it-i never really liked the looks of the 7th gen. anyway-300 hp sounds nice though....id be afraid to drive on those 20" wheels-damn-20" on an accord...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya really! lol imagine how much performance u lost on 20inch whels

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Accord02Type-R said:
ya really! lol imagine how much performance u lost on 20inch whels
one of LJ Garcia's cars has some 20" rims that only weigh like 19lbs :eek:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think ENkei has some 18's thats only 16lbs. but i could be wrong

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
one of LJ Garcia's cars has some 20" rims that only weigh like 19lbs :eek:
And imagine how shocked Accord02typeR was when he found out all that shit on his car didnt boost performance.......... and when he found out there is no type r accord in the US........and when he found out that he wont be able to afford the 03 Accord he featured in this thread anyway.

This article is old as hell too.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol why does everyone keep saying taht? um.. 03tsx is Euro R, and the TSX is in the United States.... *sighs* lack of imagination.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol did i ever say anything about all the stuff on my car boosted performance? please dont put words in my mouth idiot =P somtimes its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm all doubts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
that car was at the LA Auto show. It was very nice, the lips on it were carbon fiber. looked sweet in my opinion. You couldnt see inside of if though because it was on this huge 45 degree ramp Ill try to find the pics i took of it so you can see what i mean.

stickmoney

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet haha, i still have yet to find one in colorado, not even at dealerships, do they have to be special ordered?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
stickmoney said:
that car was at the LA Auto show. It was very nice, the lips on it were carbon fiber. looked sweet in my opinion. You couldnt see inside of if though because it was on this huge 45 degree ramp Ill try to find the pics i took of it so you can see what i mean.

stickmoney
i know what you're talkin about....i think i took some pics of it too....it was soooo high off the ground and at an ugly angle.....i was kinda hoping it would fall.....kinda like how they had the hummer setup lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep thats exactly what im talkin about. It was high huh, it sure was nice though. That was a bad a** show, so many concepts, so many cars.

stickmoney

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ultra says they already did?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts