Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or there are rasping and rattling in common accord after market mufflers on high rpm?

my homie has an obx muffler on his civic and it sounds great! but my other homie has a 4th gen accord with the same exhaust.. but it doesnt sound deep like the civic on high rpms!

im not sayin that all accords do that or make that sound...im just wondering if you hear this commonly...

i havnt put on my new exhaust yet but i wana make shure i get all the piping,cat and other shit to make my exhaust sound deep.
oh yea my exhaust is somewhat called hks style..."dont ask" but yea it looks like it can be deep toned...

i hate that high pitched sound on a car it sounds like shit to me

·
Registered
578 Posts
mine sounds really loud. everybodie always tell me, they can hear me comin from far far away.:D

oh..and my car doesnt make high pitch sound. it only does the high pitch rev when i first start the car.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
one of the reason why it might sound nasty is because the muffler is not properly installed. get it aligned properly then it will sound much better. i know "aligning" sounds kinda weird but.. trust me, that is the case with most exhaust when it woulds nasty. also, look for any small leaks

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yeah mine sounds kind of high pitched and raspy at high rpms when I first start the car. I guess cause thats because the muffler is cold. Once it gets hot its all good.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds great.... i take it that its from the inside of your car right?

your car sounds like an automatik.. im not hatin im jess sayin...i got an automatic too

·
Registered
292 Posts
everyone who has purchased the mandrel bent piping kits from me and either welded their own muffler on. or they put on my muffler have noticed a deeper, stronger tone. I havent had one say thats its loud or lawnmower like. but i agree . you have to check your alignment when installing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
mines kick as, so low and idle, and at the really higher rpms (i have a Si 5speed,) it RUMBLES Deep! (not like a v8 of course) but pretty fucking deep inside sounds like a race car

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have a similar prob. mine sounds nice and deep, but then at high rpms, it dies down rather than going high pitched. actually, at high rpms, my engine gets hella loud though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Psikoticjed1 said:
sounds great.... i take it that its from the inside of your car right?

your car sounds like an automatik.. im not hatin im jess sayin...i got an automatic too
haha yeap...autooo

·
Registered
61 Posts
my accord (94) just installed 2.25 full cat back mandrel bent piping with a focuz universal muffler MU-250SL (slant tip)

its REALLY deep and loud I made 2 car alarms go off already with it when revving to about 5500 rpm

·
Registered
346 Posts
Eurusmt said:
my accord (94) just installed 2.25 full cat back mandrel bent piping with a focuz universal muffler MU-250SL (slant tip)

its REALLY deep and loud I made 2 car alarms go off already with it when revving to about 5500 rpm
Did you install a resonator with it? Right now i have a OBX muffler sitting next to me and i want to install it. But i can't decide one whether or not to put in a resonator.
Psikoticjed1, my muffler is also a HKS style one...i never really liked the fireball style ones, the N1 yeah that one is cool.

·
Registered
385 Posts
flyracerx said:
mine is weird. it sounds great from 0 to about 5000rpm then after that it goes silent and all i can hear is my engine.
legal exhaust system?? hihih mine does the same way, even when i took my silencer out. i'm guess it's the law that you can only reach the loudness that the state law requires

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TekRacerX said:
Psikoticjed1, my muffler is also a HKS style one...i never really liked the fireball style ones, the N1 yeah that one is cool.

thats my exhaust...

im gettin 2.25 inch piping with a new cat...

would you think that would make my car sound deep...

i hurd that 2.25 is the best for accord piping and 2.5 is too big.. i did feel the difference with 2.5 it feels sluggish

1 - 20 of 32 Posts