Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered H&R sport springs w/ KYB AGX's to lower my 97 Accord SE (by the way - thanks to everyone for all of their great info in these forums that made my decision in what to go with!). I have two questions and need someones help.
1) Will I rub? &
2) What setting should I set the AGX's at?
1997 Accord SE
17X7 wheels w/ 215/40/17 falcon tires
Also, I am assuming I won't need a camber kit - from what I have read in hear! - I will be taking it in for an alignment though.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
1) if you have the correct offset wheels, you won't rub

2) Personal preference, there is no ultimate setting...only ultimate setting is what suits you best

3) it's falken, unless you have a generic brand

4) i had this setup and was great for daily driving...have fun

·
Registered
941 Posts
gruden_69 said:
Thanks for the info! - Thanks for the spelling correction too! - They aren't generic brand. Any suggestions on sway bars? - or do I not need them for street driving.
Yes an no...it really depends if you plan on tracking the car in the future. They are helpfull in every other way, highly recomend a set to compliment the rest of your suspension, but if you plan on other mods you can put sway bars off for another date untill u get serious into it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I added a rear sway even before my springs/shocks. I dont know if accords have a rear one, but it takes away all that pesky understeer. WAY more effective than the struts/springs in this department. But also relize that i set my car up so that i can shake the tail loose on almost every turn if i dont pay attention. I like it for autocross, plus i can "drift", if you will, my car better than the miata down the street :clap .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again

Thanks for the sway bar info. I received my springs & struts today! - Can't wait to put them on! - Think I'll get my bro over this Saturday to help. Tirerack is awesome! - I ordered these parts the day before yesterday - and received them first thing this-morning. I'm going to hold off on the sway bars for a while (until I get some cash) - I think I have a job ahead of me already.
Thanks again for all the great info!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Torque specs

Okay - One more question for you guys!
I know everyone is going to say to "buy a book!" however, I want to do this this weekend, and nobody has a book in stock. My question:
What are the torque specs for the struts & springs? - or any others that I may need when doing the spring/strut swap? - If no one knows - I guess i will have to wait for the book to come in!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.